Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony


Yes, you heard me. Actually you probably heard it already - Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony! I was never a huge fan of hers until I found out what a little grunger she was in the early/mid-nineties. What she has designs certainly does not betray her origins either, since she modelled this collection after what she would have wanted to wear as a teenager growing up in Darien, Connecticut.

The plaid dress is absolutely marvelous, and the shoes? They simply MUST be inspired by Vivienne Westwood.

Judging by the neon logo, I thought the clothes would be a bit more colourful. Much to my joy, that is not the case. I love the grey. I love the high waists. I love the clean silhouettes. I love that dress with the sheer back.

Heck, I even love the ripped tights!

9 comments:

buttonsandstars said...

This is a lot better than expected!

the iron chic said...

Yeah, I dig it too. But I would want to go find it all in thrift version.

Eli said...

but did you see how much the cost Isabel?

whimsical nerd said...

I think the outfits are great but I would agree that the pieces are all pretty thrift-able. My favorite is the upper right, I have been searching for the perfect grandpa cardigan.

Stararah said...

I love the collection. I agree with the others; thrifting would be better. I'm sure it's expensive.
That dress in the middle is wonderful.

Oh, and I have something for you on my blog.

Heather said...

These are pretty great!

Stephanie said...

You've been tagged!

whimsical nerd said...

I think I just noticed something important. I think 'Chloe Sevigny' is written in the same font that caboodles used.

SICK. said...

have you seen the floral bustiers ?
they're my absolute favorite, and if i had the money i'd buy one.
i really like them.

x.
jh