Friday, January 25, 2008

Hurry Hard!

I was blessed by the thrift Gods yesterday. After pawing through some thoroughly underwhelming stock, I stumbled upon a cardigan. It wasn't just any cardigan, this one was special. It was bright blue and had Curling Club patches all over it. It was clear to me that a man named 'John Watts' (as the name on the arm patch reads) had worn this to every Toronto curling practice he attended way back in the 1960s.
Here it is, in all its glory:

Cardigan: Thrifted, $3
Leggings: American Apparel
Thermal Sockes: Giant Tiger
Heels: Salvatore Ferragamo

10 comments:

WendyB said...

I love it.

stupidcupcake said...

I love it too!

buttonsandstars said...

Nice!

Stararah said...

That cardigan is amazing!

Hannah Cheeto said...

Wow awesome find!

Alix d'Laire said...

that cardigan.
is.
the most amazing
piece of clothing
that i have seen in a VERY long time.

curling. cardigan. old. canada. you lucky person.

Wendy said...

I like how this cardigan had an obvious history to it. Great thrift find!

Soul Tanggg said...

it's AMAZING!
good find!! <3

lalaliu said...

great cardigan. LOVE the color and those patches. and you're probably right about the economy. I just like to find some excuse to spend money...it makes me feel less guilty, somewhat :P

Sage said...

that is exactly the colour of the cardigan i am trying to find!!

come join me and a bunch of others at cee-cee's fashion blog stylespace.proboards106.com we would love to have you there!!