Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ladies of a Certain Age

I always wonder what my clothes will look like after I hit 50. Will I tone down my style and become an impeccable, conservatively dress woman? Or will I continue to wear age-innapropriate clothing after I am way over the hill. Older ladies with great style are few and far between. That is why I have been near stalking the flickr account of 'middleagedteacher', who is (obviously) middle aged and still looks amazing.
Not a lot of younger people could pull off a skirt with a big face on it, but she does it effortlessly. Love the plum shoes as well!

This outfit looks subdued at first glance, but then you notice the lovely print on the skirt. And wait a second, are those leopard print leggings peeking out underneath?

This oufit is pure class.

I think the yellow plastic earring, the leopard scarf and green top look great together. They totally clash, but some sort of magical ambience brings it all together. I don't what it is.

Like a fine wine or cheese, some things just get better with age.

5 comments:

Soul Tanggg said...

oh wow!
how fabulous is SHE?

i wish i still have all that style when i'm that age.

I picture myself as one fo those crazy cat ladies. lol

WendyB said...

She's awesome. My goal is to look crazier the older I get. Why not?

whimsical nerd said...

there are plenty of wardrobe_remix ladies who are inspirational into their 40s. Graygoosie is another of my favorites, I hope I am that hip when I am her age.

Stephanie said...

She's awesome! When I'm older I plan to be one of those crazy eccentric ladies who do odd things and wear cool hats and live in old castles and things like that. (I plan to be very wealthy so it would be somewhat socially acceptable - if I just did that on the street I would be a crazy bag lady.) Yeah, I know it's not exactly possible...

Heather said...

What a great inspiration! I think about this a lot too... I think I've come to the conclusion that I will get an Anna Wintour haircut and wear lots of black turtlenecks and pearls when I get older...