Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Fair Lady!

My Fair Lady promises, no, threatens to be an amazing high school musical. The acting is great, the sets are intricate, the songs are pretty good and the costumes are fantastic. This is my maid costume. Nothing too exciting, but I certainly rock that ruffled cap!

Ooh, my costume in the Acsot scene is great. I decorated the hat with tulle and birds all by myself!

Yes, I am wearing my Ascot dress in the ballroom scene. Isn’t it lovely? It is vintage from the 1950s - my mom found it in my Grandma’s closet then replaced the layers of tulle on the skirt and added the band of rhinestones around the bodice.

What can I say? It’s going to be a really big shoe. Tommorrow is opening night!

12 comments:

whimsical nerd said...

you look wonderful! Break a leg.

chaumein said...

Love your ridiculously fancy hat.. Is it heavy at all? Coincidentally, I just watched the 1964 My Fair Lady a week ago. Hope your cockney is better than Audrey Hepburn's!

buttonsandstars said...

Good luck Isabel! You look fantastic :)

Soul Tanggg said...

BREAK A LEG!!!
let us know how it goes?!

lalaliu said...

i love your costumes and I'm super excited for you!! good luck :D

Tereza said...

are you playing liza? if so, that's awesome!

N said...

You look great, break a leg!

Eli said...

wow!

Heather said...

That's great! I love the Ascot costume.

Jello on Springs said...

Good luck! I love the ascot dress, and your hat's amazing.

onomatopoeia. said...

Your costumes are awesome! Especially the hat :)

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous costumes! Love the hat especially.