Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Songs About Fashion

I made a mix cd for you! Don’t you feel special? It is mostly songs with ‘fashion’ in the title or the lyrics, so I feel it has a special place on the blog. Just don’t listen to it if you don’t have an extreme proclivity for punk, like me.

Suffer for Fashion - Of Montreal
Tango Shoes - Bif Naked
Rebel Girl - Bikini Kill (“I want to take you home, I want to try on your clothes“)
Oh Bondage Up Yours! - X-Ray Spex (More of a feminist song, but bondage counts as fashion, right?)
American Leather - The Germs
Good Guys Don’t Wear White - Minor Threat
Venus in Furs - Velvet Underground (Double whammy - the title and band name is about fashion!)
Start Wearing Purple - Gogol Bordello
The List - Metric (About fashion people.)
Celebrity Skin - Hole
Fashion - David Bowie
Vengeance & Fashion - Electric Six
Harajuku Girls - Gwen Stefani (It’s a guilty pleasure.)

Bonus Track: Teenage Kicks - the Undertones (As much as I like to pretend that ‘kicks’ stands for cool shoes, it just doesn’t.

11 comments:

the iron chic said...

Nelly "Air Force Ones"

"I like the all white high top strap with the gum bottom
Theres somthin bout dem that's dirty why I got em
I leave um strapped and laced and come up out um
The last person who touched 'em I benn shot 'em,"

WendyB said...

I love "Oh Bondage!"

Heather said...

Electric Six FTW!

Moi said...

u have great taste in music : )
although...didnt the velvet underground take their band name and the name for venus in furs from a book on s&m?

whimsical nerd said...

Prince "Raspberry Beret." Not exactly about fashion, but the lyric "the kind you'd buy in a secondhand store" makes me jolly.

Lauren said...

The Kinks, "Dedicated Follower of Fashion."

"And when he does his little rounds,
round the boutiques of london town,
Eagerly pursuing all the latest fads and trends,
cause hes a dedicated follower of fashion."

stupidcupcake said...

Lauren already said it! It's almost a must to put that song in a list like that one.

Besides that, you have a very good taste in musik!

Charming Heart said...

All Dressed Up by the Handsome
"This isn't fair your unkept hair, the rags you wear all add to your loss...
'Cause in the end you're all dressed up with nowhere to go."
Such a good song. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Are those your boots in the top picture??? Where did you get them? I have been looking for a pair like that forever!

Mark Riva said...

Allow me to add to the list:

-Vogue: Madonna
-Fashion: Roxane
-Supermodel: RuPaul
-Fashion: David Bowie
-The Model: Kraftwerk
-She's a Model: Magenta
-Supermodel: Praga Khan
-Fashion: Natalia Nazarova
-Girls On Film: Duran Duran
-Fashion: The Sunburst Band
-Upon The Catwalk: Katerine
-I'm Too Sexy: Right Said Fred
-The Catwalk: Frank Popp Ensemble
-Dedicated Follower of Fashion: Kinks
-Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend: Marilyn Monroe

Enjoy,
Mark
. . . . .
MARK RIVA
Sounds Chic
http://www.markriva.com

nicole.nicolson said...

Fashionable People- Joel Plaskett