Saturday, February 09, 2008

The $3 Experience

It was a thrift of epic proportions. The concept? Fill a shopping bag for $3. The results? Astounding. Even more perfect was that this event was held at St. Vincent de Paul's a.k.a. the greatest thrift store on the planet. I picked up a number of things that I had been eyeing for a while, including:

This dress...

This sweater...Obviously the outfit isn't too exciting, but it's just to demonstrate the existence of the sweater.

This blue stripey button down. I never wear button down shirts so I thought this could be a potentially exciting wardrobe addition? The Metric shirt was not thrifted. Also, like my robot pose?

Then there's this massive polo that says 'Nicholson Badminton'. I don't go to Nicholson, nor do I play badminton.

I also got a plain white turtleneck, a plaid skirt that needs shortening, a navy button down shirt, a navy cardigan, a polka dot scarf and a dickie. Yes a dickie. As in, a fake collared shirt. It's pretty nuts. Obviously none of these plain items warrant a sweet photograph.

Thanks for taking the pictures, Ryan!

9 comments:

WendyB said...

Ha ha! I love your robot pose. Good thrifting!

lalaliu said...

what great finds! and yes..that is a wicked robot pose!

Soul Tanggg said...

omg! I wish they would do events like that at MY st. vinnie's!!!

dang!

buttonsandstars said...

That first dress is lovely :)

N/OutofFashion said...

INSANELY jealous!

Stephanie said...

LOVE the robot pose, haha you are awesome! And that dress is gorgeous.

Stararah said...

Awesome! Just... awesome!

Hannah Cheeto said...

Wow, you really found some great stuff. That dress is especially amazing. And yes, the robot pose!

Londyn said...

great deals -- that dress is fantastic!