Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Shelby!

I adore this Sartorialist picture. The first thing you notice is her blue hair and how wonderful it is, so you expect her to be a total punk, but she's not. That's the beauty of it all. The tuxedo jacket and the blue bob just hysterically screams 'original'. I love it.

Then there is this picture. You see her hair and know she's a punk. Punk music and fashion is a true inspiration for me. Which probably seems strange, and I suppose it is. Strange but true. I seriously love her jacket. I don't really know about finnish punk, but this Hel-looks photo speaks volumes. To me, at least.


Ah yes, and a shout out to my wonderful best friend who turns 19 today! I love you!

5 comments:

WendyB said...

Love both photos.

the iron chic said...

That first photo kinda looks like when I dyed my hair blond then dyed it back to black but didn't put red in it first and it turned greenish.
Hers is better though,

lalaliu said...

i love the first picture. the contrast between her out there hair and her simple outfit is nice and double nice.

Susan said...

Thats top photo is amaing, it makes me need blue hair, not just want, need.

Stephanie said...

Love the first photo beyond belief! Usually I can't stand dyed hair but that woman (and her clothes) make it look incredible.