Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A little thing called karma.

Don't believe it when people tell you 'life's a bitch', because the smallest things can cheer you up. You see, it's usually a simple 25 minute walk from my school to the downtown core of the city, a walk I do minimum once a week. What is usually a refreshing stroll turns into a menacing trek when there is five inches of snow on the ground and you're only wearing Converse. The walk was so unpleasant that I actually went to Giant Tiger with the full intention of buying of fake Uggs for the walk back - never fear sweet reader, there was no way I was paying $15 for them. When I got to the consignment store that I was selling stuff to, this pair of lovelies were just staring at me. For $5.25!!! The buckles, the crocodile pattern, the fuzzy warmth enveloping my feet... A match made in heaven, no doubt. The walk back to school was a dream.

Oh, and did I mention I found ANOTHER Lacoste sweater at St. Vincents? I could swear that an old man donates one sweater a week and videotapes the happy reaction of whoever finds it. Creepy, but a small price to pay for $2 vintage Lacoste.

8 comments:

spellmistake said...

I love shopping karma. And those boots are dreamy! Luv em! ;-) And your outfit is super cute too.
hailey @stylesymmetry.com

Annie said...

i have these leggings did u buy them at simons in like 2006? lol.

Mardou Fox said...

great shoes :)

Sally Jane said...

Those boots are kind of awesome!

Soul Tanggg said...

sweet finds!

Jo said...

Aww man! Immense Boots!

some beeeyotch said...

raaaad boots. i love thrifted boots, but i lost one half of my favorite pair! HOW does one do that? happy v-day by the by!

Heather said...

Those are great! I've been living in my thrifted flat boots...unfortunately, they are a little slippery even in non-icy weather.