Saturday, February 23, 2008

Prada la-dee-da.

Stop the presses, I actually liked this season's Prada! I am used to seeing Prada churn out crap that is either trendoid as hell, way too mature or I would just never wear. In short, I never expect great things from Miuccia, despite her godhead status in the fashion world. I mean, I just really don't like this...

Those footless socks bugged the hell out of me too. They are just glamourized legwarmers, nothing more!

The F/W 2008 collection is still a bit too mature, but I'm a sucker for lacy pretty things. Plus, this dress has a flying saucer around the hips. Everybody loves UFO's! (Okay, not really).

If you are of a sad minority that cannot appreciate flying saucers, I have gratuitously included a picture without one. The cool factor is only slightly diminished, because that lace is hot damn.

If I had an office job, I wouldn't object to wearing anything from this collection. But even though Prada is starting to win me over with this collection, I don't think I'll wholly appreciate the label until I'm middle-aged.

7 comments:

WendyB said...

Prada clothes have never really worked for me. Accessories are great though!

the iron chic said...

I always imagine that Prada would be what I wore if I was a rich Florentine mistress with nothing to do all day but go to museums and shop.

Vom Squad said...

Your blog is perfect for The Vom Squad.

http://vomsquad.blogspot.com

Dilemma said...

I actually feel the opposite way. This season's Prada was not up to my expectations. Then again, this season as a whole has been kind of disappointing so far.

SICK. said...

sarah mower said that muiccia prada is doing for lace what nicholas ghesquiere did for flower-prints last season.

& i though you would like to know (in case you didn't already) that you are saving energy by having a black background on your blog ! apparently it takes more energy to show a white screen, or something like that. that's why there's the search engine www.blackle.com !

x.
jessica

C.J.B. said...

I also have mixed feelings about Prada, especially this collection, I love it but....

C.J.B. said...

Oh and I love the title of this post, I wish I could have thought of it, instead I had to use Pradarama