Friday, March 28, 2008

Back when Blur was #1.

I had an interesting thrift at St. Vincent de Paul's today. I unearthed what might be the most bizarre sweater on the face of the earth - of course, I had to have it. It's like 90s incarnated in sweater form. That might not sound weird enough, so here's a picture of the grungy patchwork thing. Probably not going to be a fan favourite among you readers, but that wasn't what I was going for. The only time I could ever wear this out in public would be in another country, preferrably Scandinavian.

Then there's this tuxedo jacket. I suppose its nothing special, but I thought it was kinda hip and tuxedo jackets are supposedly "wardrobe staples", right?

Oh excuses, excuses. The money was just burning a hole in my little pocket, and thrifting is the most environmentally-friendly way to get rid of it.

13 comments:

Stararah said...

THE SWEATER = AWESOMEEEEE. I would wear that in a heartbeat.
The jacket's pretty sweet, too.

Cindy said...

I FUCKING LOVE YOUR SWEATER
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT.

Catbert said...

I like the tuxedo jacket. I think everybody needs some kind of black blazer type jacket.

You've also reminded me that I need to visit a Value Village sometime in the near future. I miss it so.

Anonymous said...

im not super into the jacket, but perhaps it's a 'see it in person, see the fabric' sort of deal. looks mumsy office casual right now.

and that sweater is amazing. im usually not 100% behind your choices, but that sweater is tops.

Luka said...

You find the most interesting pieceds of clothing, Iz. Always have.

L. said...

I love the whole patchwork thing... I too remember when Blur was number one... Great times.

Anne said...

blur is still totally #1.

although it might just tie with your sweater.

stupidcupcake said...

In Scandinavian the sweater would do well. I could easyly see you on hellook wearing it..

Hannah Cheeto said...

What an interesting sweater. Like, really interesting. But kind of cool. I like the tuxedo jacket too, though it is pretty simple.

SICK. said...

that sweater is insane, i wonder if it was a grandmother who made it or a designer.
hm.
the blazer is cool.


x.
jessica

N/OutofFashion said...

I really want a blazer like that.
I used to have a brown one, I loved it.

Anonymous said...

that sweater is craaaazy but i honestly love it for all its ridiculousness. i think the tuxedo jacket is a little too long or something, but it makes you look kind of old. youc ould probably make it fun though :)

alex said...

psh, blur. oasis always has been and always will be #1 ;)

probably the best part about owning such a sweater would be ruthlessly wearing it. but I agree, that would require a summation of courage ;D