Saturday, March 22, 2008

Big City

Hmm, I was cleaning pictures off of my school computer account and came across these photographs of a lovely shop. I don't know where the shop is, or where i even got the pictures from but my heart longs to visit there.



On another random note, getting anonymous comments has really opened my eyes. Most comments are fairly positive, but sometimes you just get the weirdest comments ever. For example, on my recent post about American Apparel leggings, I got these.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Cover your butt, American Apparel.

Being a guy, I really dig the leggings trend. Waking up to girls on the subway wearing skin tight clothing is awesome. But srsly, the hype surrounding white tights is killing The Freedom of America©.

That being said, I'm not sure why I'm on here.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Cover your butt, American Apparel.":

How nationalistic of me! Seems like this is a Canadian blog. Should I say "Freedom on Canada©"? And when did Canada get hipsters?
I should've known though, New Yorkers are way too ironic to name a blog "hipster musings". It would be called "deer latern" or something nonsensical. Nothing so obvious.
And no offense guys, just give up and become the 51st state. You know you want it!


What the heck was that? I don't even know. Is he trying to say that I'm totally lame because I chose 'Hipster Musings' as a blog name instead of something nonsensical? Or does he respect me more because this blog doesn't have an ironic name? Perhaps 'Hipster Musings' IS an ironic name, since I'm not even a hipster. Either way, if Canada wanted to be a part of the US it would've happened by now. Manifest Destiny is just never going to happen...

22 comments:

the iron chic said...

I heart Canada!

Catbert said...

Canada is awesome. I'm pretty biased but I'm pretty sure I don't care.

Natasha said...

As far as anonymous comments go, the vast majority of mine are positive, just normal readers who have no blogger profile and figured it was pointless to type their names. Some are definitely odd, though. I think that guy was trying to be silly, I think he may even have been giving you a compliment.

Anonymous said...

Canada for the win.
Love your blog btw.

a side order of style said...

Aww I wish I had someone commenting nonsensical gibberish on my blog. I could fake it but it wouldn't be as fun...
Fellow Canadian,
Steph

WendyB said...

Um...WHAT?!

www.stylesymmetry.com said...

interesting, Canada has no hipsters? I think he may be wrong on that - I see them all the time in VanCity. :-)
Hailey

BanderBlog said...

I have a funny situation where I silently identify myself as a hipster, but I also realize that by doing that I am not a hipster. I wonder what that would make me. I suppose I'm a deer lantern, maybe that's what we all are.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, my boyfriend's from Nova Scotia and is in a pretty much All-American school. The Canadian jokes get old. Even for me.

I used to live in Japan and that store looks like it could be a japanese thrift store.

N/OutofFashion said...

Is it wrong that I quite like the name Deer Lantern?!

The store does look very cute.

Tru said...

ppl are some bizzare sometimes lol

Anonymous said...

haha the day that I as a Canadian want to become part of the united states is the day i chose to wear ugly sweater sets with matching shoes.

keep up the good work fellow canadiana!

Anonymous said...

Canada's the best. <3 The drivers are less agressive and even the air is fresher. ;)

I've the urge to peruse that shop as well!

Happy Easter everyone

some beeeyotch said...

oh, i saw plenty of hipsters when i was in montreal in january. that's the only canadian city i've really been to, but i love canada! i actually have a couple of new posts, by the way, if you want to check them out!

Maddy said...

Actually, Manifest Destiny already happened. America's only supposed to extend from the East coast to the West coast, so... mission accomplished! Suck on THAT, Native Americans!

That being said, I think I want to meet your anonymous commenter. He sounds like fun.

puf! said...

god, i want to go to such shop! inspiring!

Anonymous said...

how pathetic.
as a canadian the LAST
thing i'd want to be is
american. please kill yourself.

love your blog.
i havent missed a
post in a while!!
keep up the good work
and keep us posed on
your thrift store finds.

Annie said...

hahaha.
oh americans.

hil said...

Canada has no hipsters? *rolls eyes* Just tell that guy to spend one millisecond in downtown Toronto.
And as a proud (and probably somewhat biased) Canadian I have to say that we will never be part of the US. We're just so different... and so much better.

Lady Language said...

I'd rather live in Canada, but at least I am close (Wisconsin). Or Stockholm - the Swedes are pretty cool too :)

Aja Aeloc said...

if canada ever became of america i would be depressed for the rest of my days. canada is like america but better tenfold.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure if we became the 51st state i'd move to Bermuda. Just saying.