Friday, March 21, 2008

Bowie's Law

I got this music notes shirt at the Swap Meet of a few weeks ago. On its own, it is cool but a little bit juvenile. As I refuse to be seen wearing the same shirt as 12 year olds who shop at Delias, a little DIY customization was in order. I found this 'Bowie' patch lying around and sewed it onto the shirt, because it fit perfectly with the music notes. Almost too perfectly.

Sticking with the 'music' theme of this outfit, I wore my Sid and Nancy earrings. Unfortunately, they're not all that visible in the picture. That doesn't make them any less badass, though! David Bowie and the Sex Pistols are love.

12 comments:

lalaliu said...

love it! my friend would die for that shirt. she's a bowie obsessed maniac..okay maybe not that obsessed, but he was her childhood crush.

Natasha said...

David Bowie is divine.

alice said...

I love that t-shirt! If I was DIY savvy then I'd totally try that.

stupidcupcake said...

I want a Bowie patch!!

Annie said...

wow the shirt looks so cool now

hannah said...

i would have never guessed the patch wasnt an original part of the shirt. it flows so well. i love it.

Luka Riot said...

...I miss you kid!

Junimond said...

what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I love your shirt!..and hair!

Anonymous said...

you are my inspiration! i love your blog and yourstyle! I think you're fantastic and thank you for not quitting your awesome blog. Also, May I add that you are so beautiful? :)

Anonymous said...

i need a bowie patch. right now, it look so cool.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have a very beautiful watch! Could you show us t?