Monday, March 24, 2008

How risque!

It's definitely not a trend yet, but one style I've been gravitating to lately is the exposed ankle. How risque! And I don't mean in short skirts, either. For some reason, flood pants are really just pushing my buttons the right way. This is rather strange, as in public school I thought it was the worst look ever and promised myself never to be caught dead in pants that didn't brush the ground when I walked. Oh, how naive I was!

The 'short pants' look first caught my eye when reading about Thom Browne suits in an issues of i-D magazine. I thought, 'Oh, how interesting. I've never seen a man dressed like that before.' But now that my eyes are open, I've been spotting exposed ankles literally everywhere: from the girl who owns the organic coffe shop I frequent, to candid pictures of Michelle Obama. Even the beloved Piksi of wardrobe_remix knows how to rock it!

White socks and short black pants ain't just for Michael Jackson anymore...

15 comments:

stupidcupcake said...

Oh. I like the last picture a lot.
I have ti try this.

Alex said...

I've actually been wearing pants like these for a while. Just liked the look somehow, one gets bored amidst all the plain-cut jeans and calf-hugging (hm, perhaps bad description) emo pants. The only thing is that with such a cut one always needs to remember to wear nice shoes :)

the iron chic said...

Very Michael Jackson circa the
80's.
Wait, does that ruin it?

Hannah Cheeto said...

Hmm. I too never thought I would like a pair of pants that didn't brush the ground, but now I like the way it looks sometimes. Unfortunately, I would probably look like I just had a huge growth spurt/bought little kids pants.

Anonymous said...

Re: Michael Cera's pants.

Niki said...

in the states we call them high-water pants. it's nice that they're 'in' again, especially if you're a tall girl and can't find long enough inseams.

fun blog.

N/OutofFashion said...

I like capri trousers, but not socks showing, it just reminds me of geeks shown on american tv shows.

Anonymous said...

i think ankle-bearing pants can look alright in the summer, with cute sandals. but these with the socks showing just make me think of pale hairy knock-kneed legs, which is not a very nice image.

Luka said...

You and I should make a date at Organic Underground some day soon. I still haven't gone there.

a side order of style said...

ahaha I did this yesterday. jeans kinda shrunk. had white socks on. wearing a red fitted jacket. totally michael-esque. In a trend and i didnt even know it...
-Steph

chaumein said...

I like!

SICK. said...

her outfit is so cute !
from what i can see of it.


x.
jessica

alice said...

I'm rather fond of bright bright bright socks and exposed ankles. I can't do it often due to my weird sock thing but it gets a few odd looks when I do, which is always good.

Suzanne said...

sigh, finally a way to wear white socks :)

if i have a question for you, what is the best way to reach you? please feel free to email me!

Adge said...

Those shoes! I want a pair of those shoes!