Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mixing business with leather.

Great news on the flood pants front! I went to Value Village today, not even searching for a pair in particular, but came out with these fabulous Ralph Lauren high-waisted flood pants. Jeez, they even have front pleats! Have you ever seen anything so naff yet awesome at the same time? I even wore the high-waisted, pleated pants with a sequin cardigan for the outfit pic. This is about as 'business-casual' as I get. The 80s have come back to kill us all!

Oh Christ, I look fat in that picture, so here is a cardigan-less picture to prove that I'm really a size 2. I swear!

I'll probably end up not wearing thsi outfit in public and pairing the pants with a band t-shirt, a scarf and Keds just to mess it all up. Oh yeah, I also found a pair of Eddie Bauer (oh God, am I secretly preppy?) high waisted navy shorts that remind me of something my fashionable friends would wear. But its super cold inside so I'll take an outfit pic when I'm not completely freezing.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh god, yeah. eff fatties.

i do like the pants, but definitely not with the (ironic? un-ironic reclaiming of an ultra diffused label ?) armani shirt.
yes, with another shirt the pants will be awesome.

Stephanie said...

Cool pants! I think they'd look even more awesome cuffed.

Anonymous said...

those pants are great! I like the cardi with them just not the armani shirt...

chaumein said...

80's business-casual is not exaaaaactly what I envision when I see this outfit, more granny but hey. I do like the pieces individually though.

Jello on Springs said...

I agree with stephanie, quite cool indeed, cuff em and show some ankle like you mention in your previous post, i think they'll look lovely with keds.

Natasha said...

ooh, I dig the floods too.

Tracy said...

um, you don't look fat in the first pic...quit your belly aching. You're a skinny bitch so be happy with it. even if you weren't I'd say be happy with your body, you're cute as you are.

Anonymous said...

heaven forbid the blog world thinks you are anything over a size two.

fat bloggers don't get comments!!

Dilemma said...

Weight comments always bring out the random anonymous chuckleheads. And you're a size 2?

I DON'T BUY IT

Just kidding, of course! God, to think I was happy when I discovered that I've just recently hit a comfortable size 8...

Anonymous said...

it loooks a little too "mom at work" for my tastes. i appreciate the attempt at irony but.. i just don't think it looks that good.

the iron chic said...

Where are MY mean anonymous comments?
You've made it!
That's what that means.