Friday, March 07, 2008

Ultimate Swap Meet

Last night, I got together with five of my friends to host an Ultimate Swap Meet. Swap Meets are honestly the greatest. Especially when you get rid of clothes you don't want and go shopping in someone elses closet for free! Fun times and pizza were had by all. I got a ton of stuff, but these are definitely the highlights:

The slouchy casual look, done with a grey babydoll dress, nubby knit sweater and tweed moccasin-esque shoes that totally remind me of Lala.


The classy chic look, done with a houndstooth jacket and black sweater dress.

Then, a seersucker American Eagle jacket that I actually like. Here ends my American Eagle boycott of 5 years. Okay, not really. I'd just never pay money for anything from AE.

By the way, the skirt I'm wearing was not swapped.

7 comments:

Jello on Springs said...

Clothing swaps sound like so much fun, sadly most of my friends are not into fashion and would probably hate the idea. Hmph I want more fashionable friends =/

chaumein said...

Score(especially for the houndstooth jacket)! Like jello on springs, I only have friends who either frown upon fashion or have really generic AE/Hollister/TNA type fashion senses. BOOO!

Danielle said...

You were in my dream last night. We were walking west, towards the lake, on the south side of the street.

Stararah said...

I want to have a clothing swap with my friends!

Gabe's is pretty awesome. I think it's mostly on the east coast of the US. I don't shop at TJ Maxx, but I've heard it's kind of like that. They take clothes just barely from the last season of awesome stores and sell them for super cheap.

the iron chic said...

You just need a seamripper and you can remove that tiny annoying AE logo.
No one will ever know..........

Annie said...

ive always wanted to do a clothing swap! but my friends would never go for it.
and i love the third look its so cute! whered u get ur skirt?!

Tru said...

love all the outfits, especially the first one