Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Anniversary Shopping

Ryan and I went to Kingston for our one year anniversary and just had a grand old time that of course, involved thrifting, American Apparel and a Buddhist vegetarian restaurant. I finally got my bright yellow sweater at AA and am looking forward to cozying myself in it every day I am in New York.

Thrifting at Value Village was spectacular. There were so many vintage beaded purses that I saw and loved, but could not bring myself to buy because they are an impractical expense. Finally, I found a pair of good quality spectator pumps! The toe cap is brown instead of black, but that shouldn't be too hard to work into my wardrobe.

I couldn't resist getting this sweater because the detailing is fantastic. Plus, I need a new black croc print bag, so this one is perfect.

Lastly, I bought this super-utilitarian pair of winter boots. They might not be pretty, but at least they aren't Uggs!

Also, winter boots are the furthest thing from my mind right now, but when I looked at them that little 'conscience' voice in my head told me that I needed them for practical purposes. And when the 'conscience' tells you to do something, you'd darn well listen.

8 comments:

stupidcupcake said...

I like the shoes. I really want some spectators too.

Nico. said...

The croc print purse is spectacular!!! As is your blog. do you know of any good places for thrifiting in downtown Toronoto??

the iron chic said...

I always but winter stuff since winter is forever here.

mary said...

i spent my on year with my boyfriend thrifting too! that's kind of hillarious... i never thought i'd meet a guy who understood my love of vintage, i guess there are more of them out there than i assumed?

Regina said...

Oooo! awesome shoes!
Hi, i'm regina and i just discovered your blog! Fab style!

donna AND navaz said...

Practicality is important! Ugh, it's so depressingly rainy in London, I'm SICK of wearing boots :( Enjoy NY!

Tru said...

love the green sweater...exchange links pleasE?

Tavi said...

Those are great! The shoes especially. Great finds. And awesome to have a boyfriend that doesn't groan when you want to take him shopping, haha.