Saturday, April 19, 2008

Family Vintage Part 2

After noticing my absolute ecstasy upon finding the said vintage treasures, Mom went and dug out a whole pile of her old 70s/80s stuff to sort through and pick out what I wanted. Amazing...I could've sworn I pawed through every vintage item she owned years ago! That kind of makes everything all the more exciting. Out of the pile, I only picked out two shirts and a black lace camisole.

The plaid shirt is absolutely perfect, the camisole fits me like a glove and the floral top is a bit out of my element, but it reminds me of Ranna so I'll try to work it into my wardrobe like a fabulous Finn.

Oh, and ahem, note the ruffles!

10 comments:

jess said...

what great finds in your family members closets all my mom has are ugly skirts

Annie said...

that blouse is really cute.

Annie said...

and i mean the plaid shirt lol.
but no actually i like the collar on the flowery blouse too.

Trudie said...

I LOVE your mom's plaid coat. It's such a great statement jacket, and perfect to go over just any lazy plain outfit and still look like you tried.

I like rummaging through my parents closets too. It's like having the thrift store come to you. Sometimes I look at pictures from when they were young and ask them if they still have those pairs of shoes, that skirt, that bag, hat, etc... And in most cases they do!

I'm going to try my best and save my clothes too for my future kids, in case 2008 clothes ever become fashionable again.

Natasha said...

that plaid blouse is amazing. I wish my mom had 70s stuff!

N/OutofFashion said...

You are SO lucky!

My Mum threw out all her cute clothes when she married my Dad.

Elissa said...

I love your sense of humor! Keep up the good work!

alice said...

that plait (it sounds weird, can I sya tartan?) shirt sounds horrible in context, but its amazing. My mum threw out all her old clothes ): Your dead lucky

Jo said...

Wow, those clothes are great! I have my granny's jewelery which includes an awesome gold charm bracelet with really momentous charms, which I have to admit I am to scared to wear it in case it gets harmed!

Molly :] said...

The checked blouse is gorgeous.
Its strange that the best things all come from simple places...
:) xx