Friday, April 18, 2008

Family Vintage Treasures

The last few days have been a little weird, but I hit the vintage jackpot in a semi-unlikely place - Granny's closet! I've already raided Grandma's closet for stuff once before and thought that a yellow Burberry trench was as good as it could get. But lo and behold, my style must of changed because I found three notable amazing pieces.

Finally, a cream frilly shirt is all mine. Victory at last!

This 1960s coat used to be my mom's when she was a kid. I hate the colour orange, but I can't help but adore the cute swing-y feel of the coat.

Lastly, a pink and white frilly dress! Its very tiny - I just barely fit! But I love it anyways. The front ruffle was exactly what I've been searching for. The pink was an unexpected surprise, too. A colour which I never gravitate towards feels just right.

I'm seriously considering the Ebay store thinger right now. But first I need to procure myself a credit card/possibly learn html...

12 comments:

A. said...

what an absolutely amazing coat!

the iron chic said...

Nice finds!
Seems like you have a photo studio in your house now or something.....

because im addicted said...

great finds!! all one of a kind!!! love!

Jello on Springs said...

The pink dress is great, i especially like the bubble hem. And ah I found these black women brogues the other day and was instantly reminded of your wish list a couple of posts below...so yes (!!) there are women brogues out there that don't involve urban outfitters =] hopefully you find some during your trip

donna AND navaz said...

LOVE the frilly shirt, and the dress...HOW Miu Miu??? You lucky thing!

alice said...

that dress is lovely
I really hope you do actually open a store, I love your style

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT COAT, I'M SO FREAKING JEALOUS.

Heather said...

If only my family weren't compulsive Goodwill donors!

Stephanie said...

They're all so cute! I love finding things to wear in my house.

Rhiannon said...

Wow, I'm in love with that little pink and white dress! And the coat too!

winnieness said...

everything is absolutely darling.

Luka said...

Provided my alarm clock doesn't hate me next time we try to meet up, I can give you a few sheets of HTML to make it way easy... And yes, I am dorky enough to know it off the top of my head. =P