Thursday, April 10, 2008

Right Ruffles, Wrong Colour

My mom needed to buy nursery rhyme books at the thrift store for an upcoming familt baby shower, and I'm very glad I tagged along. In the seemingly neverending quest for a ruffled blouse, I found this teal dress. It's a dowdy length but the ruffles are perfect. Should I turn it into a minidress or a top?

Then there was this Mickey Mouse vest that I pretty much had to have. I thought vintage Mickey t-shirt were pretty awesome, but they pale in comparison to this sweet vest.

Lastly but not leastly, an YVES SAINT LAURENT RIVE GAUCHE jacket! It's too big though, so I'm thinking of selling it on Ebay.

Actually I saw so many awesome things while thrifting today (mainly sweet t-shirts. I don't need any more t-shirts.) that I should probably start my own Ebay store. I'm no Sally Jane, but I could probably do it! Not right at the moment, though.

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love that vest! I think you should make the first dress into a minidress.

Caileigh Grace said...

i vote mini dress ..
:)

the iron chic said...

Mickey is so doing "jazz hands."

stuffstuff said...

man, i can't disconnect that style of mickey clothing from my mom, circa '88-92.
if i could disconnect, i would love it.
my mother had enough early 90s mickey gear to satisfy any nu raver.
mickey patterned leggings? oh yes.

Robin Claire said...

I vote mini-dress!

Sally Jane said...

Nice finds! That first piece would make a cute mini dress.

Hope said...

I LOVE THAT YSL JACKET!

You seriously find the best stuff ever, I'm so jealous of your thrifting skills. I bet it was like $10, right? I remember reading about your $2 Lacoste sweaters and wanting to go thrifting.

I would buy that from you if you sold it on ebay.

Annie said...

minidress minidress!!

stupidcupcake said...

If your ever feel a need to throw away the Micky west, please write me, because I find it amazing, way better then any vintage-looking micky tee.

Natasha said...

mini dresssss!

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

I would try mini dress, if it doesnt work you can always then make it a blouse.

alice said...

You really should start a store, I love all the clothes that you wear