Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Purchase Post

NYC really was the trip of a lifetime, and I feel like I'll be back again and again.

But on to the important things? Namely, what I found in the big city. Well, most importantly: Cheap Monday jeans! I found them for $30 at Century 21 and felt like I had experienced total catharsis upon purchasing them. They are so TIGHT - literally and otherwise. I just love them. The sushi shirt I'm wearing was also from Century 21 and I bought one for Ryan too, because we loooove sushi together all the time.


This zebra dress is from H&M - I bought it because I thought it would be a nice simple summer dress. (I swear, I only own one pair of shorts!) The oxford flats, did involve Urban Outfitters, unfortunately but the price was right and they don't even give me too many blisters when I walk. This is a bonus, since lately I've been doing the whole "fashion over comfort thing" (cough, Cheap mondays, cough) and it just makes me want to change into sweats every day when I get home from school.

This asian flowery jacket was $26 at Church Street Antiques. It was the only secondhand thing I bought on the entire trip (believe me, I felt bad) and the store reminds me of Tribal Rhythm, my favourite vintage store in Toronto. The bow shirt is H&M, the jeans are Zara and then the oxford flats are Urban Outfitters, again.

17 comments:

the iron chic said...

I know, the Cheap Monday's hurt a bit.
I just washed mine a bunch of times in fabric softener and they are slightly less irritating.
They are officially in the "standing pants" category of my closet.

WendyB said...

I thought those were cupcakes on the shirt at first!

Natasha said...

great finds, you look great in the cheap mondays!

K.Line said...

I am soooo jealous. I want Cheap MOndays in a serious way and those look great and they only cost 30 bucks! Score...

Anonymous said...

wow, you really are quite stunning, not to sound weird or anything haha. i liked your long hair before though.

Cindy said...

You look SO HOT in those outfits.
New York was so much fun!
Let's go back there again!!

Annie said...

omgg 30 bucks?!! so lucky.
ugh i wish my cheap mondays were tighter. theyre too loose for my liking.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Lovely choices! I wish I had more time to shop when I was in NYC (only got 2 hours! - insane)

Anonymous said...

It seems that everyone is commenting on the Cheap Mondays, so I guess I'll hop on that bandwagon. I am genuinely happy for you that you scored a pair; they are by far my favourite jeans and I wish everyone could experience the goodness that is Cheap Monday. While they are somewhat stiff at first, after a few wears they do loosen up a bit and practically conform to your body. Absolutely brilliant slabs of denim.

THE SPEXSAVERS said...

I see that you like Sweden ;) Cheap monday & H&M / camelia, sweden

Ash1314 said...

I bought the same dress from h&m in hot pink and I love love the cheap monday jeans...im still loking for mine and hoping i'll runinto them one day in my size at a local thrift shop!

Isabel said...

I am loving the new jeans.

I've never been to Century 21...but my NYC friend has sent my kid loads of their cheap band shirts. I love his Beatles one the best!

princessmillatwoshoes said...

That is one cute zebra dress! Glad you had the best of time. Oh and you're rockin' those jeans like a true scandahuvian...

Hope said...

How much different are Cheap Mondays from BDG?

Urban Outfitters has the best jeans for me that aren't a bajillion dollars. I'm quite fond of them, in my own little way.

Those shoes are pretty rad too.

Hannah Cheeto said...

Wow, you got some crazy stuff. But Cheap Mondays... are very tight. They get (a bit) looser eventually, though. I love the dress, also, and the jacket.

chaumein said...

Unrelated, but longer bangs and chin-length hair really suit you! Glad you had a good time in New York.

yiqin; said...

You can pull off short hair so well! I love your blog :) I really like your style as well!