Monday, June 30, 2008

Find that noose and tighten.



I cannot and simply don't want to get over shiny, metallic gold. Because I'm working full-time in an office, my outfit creativity is getting a wee bit stifled and I feel the need to go overboard with my lounging outfits. I mean, at my last trip to American Apparel I almost bought gold shorts, which is completely unsensible since I already own their gold skirt. Those pieces are nearly identical!

The first picture is via Face Hunter and the second is from Hel-looks. Her dress it vintage Vivienne Westwood and is the most divine thing I have laid eyes on since Veruca Salt and the goose with the golden egg in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

7 comments:

Natasha said...

you shouldn't get over gold lame. And if you ever consider doing so, don't.

Veruca's dress is definitely drool worthy.

Stephanie said...

Ooh I'm so hungry now.. I like gold too though. I actually own the gold biker shorts and I wear them underneath skirts when I ride my bike, haha.

Leith said...

Sometimes when I am driving around with my father I turn to him and say, "DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!! I WANT A GOLDEN GOOSE."
The gold shorts are boss. I wear them far too much but normally only under miniskirts.

sleepyhead said...

the last two pictures made me laugh aloud. "daddy i want a pony"

Ragamala said...

Those are all so wonderful! I really love those outfits.

Tavi said...

I was dying over black lame for a while but now I think gold is more fresh. Willy Wonka was a masterpiece.
Excellent post!

KimLeeStar said...

Never never never!! shiny metallics are a staple in my fashion diet!!!

oooh yum chocolate!!!