Tuesday, June 03, 2008

More than Necessary

Eek! I have been vintage shopping much more than I can afford to right now. But I just keep telling myself, "you have to spend money to make money!" Recent finds include this little boy's Bart Simpson shirt. (The boy knows that blue slushies will inherit the earth.)

I love the swiss-dot lace and sweetheart neckline on this dress so much. So much that I can forgive the awful ruching on the bodice front.

Lastly, a vintage needlepoint nightgown that is massive, but has potential.

Lately, I've been obsessed with acquiring as much real vintage stuff as possible. It all started when I read an interview with Clhloe Sevigny from an old i-D mag talking about how all you could thrift in the 1990s was vintage, but now most things in thrift stores are only a few years old because clothing is so disposable and cheaply made.

8 comments:

Carissa said...

little boy t shirts RULE

Natasha said...

I really love that dress! I don't think the bodice is at all bad.

lalaliu said...

lovin the simpsons shirt! I sometimes think I thrift too much for my own good. My mom thinks what I buy is a bunch of crap, but I keep telling her its an investment! or that I'm a clothing collector :D

the iron chic said...

Nice Simpsons..never seen that one before.
I'd like to see that ruchey dress on-it looks like it could go either way.

Pretty Pirate said...

What are your ideas for the embroidered dress? It looks like it could be super cute!

Beka said...

I must have the last shirt. MUST!

Hannah Bee said...

Where is St. Vincent de Paul's?

leslie said...

I like the name Isabel. I was so mesmerized by your dress during my last visit, I didn't notice.