Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Suffragette Silhouette

I have a lot to say right now.

Number one. I hate Peter Gabriel. 'Shock the Monkey' used to have a humourous 'so bad its good' appeal, but after being forced to watch the disturbing 'Sledgehammer' video among others of his in music class makes me really want use a sledgehammer against Peter Gabriel.

Remember those those tiger tooth necklaces that Ashley Olsen used to rock? I think I want one. I'm only about three years behind the trend!!


I have also been tagged by Jello on Springs. I generally dislike tags, but this one seemed bearable and I love her blog so I am compelled to oblige to her tag request. Here goes.

1. What were you doing ten years ago?
Ten years? That would make me eight. Eight was a good year. I learned how to knit (which is still one of my favourite activities) and for my eighth birthday my parents gave me a watch that I have worn almost every day since then.

2. What are 5 things on your to-do list today?
-Get a job interview call-back
-Study for exams
-The other three go a lot like number two.

3. Snacks you enjoy?
I drink green tea for sustenance, but tend to enjoy cheese and crackers. And anything containing sugar…

4. Places you’ve lived:
Born in Toronto, then my parents moved to the country. Whyyyyyyyy?

5. What are 5 things you would do if you were a billionaire?

-Pay off my University tuition
-Stop oil companies from developing the Alberta Tar Sands.
-Rig political elections so that Elizabeth May was Prime Minister and Obama was Prez.
-Establish some sort of Pro-choice organization or just donate a lot of money to one that already exists.
-There probably wouldn’t be any money left over, but I’d love to own a few pieces of fashion history: the Warhol Campbell Soup dress, a YSL Mondrian dress and an original Vivienne Westwood punk t-shirt from SEX or Seditionaries.



6. People you want to know more about?
I’m not motivated enough to tag anyone. But I’d love to know more about Tobi Vail’s relationship with Kurt Cobain and why there is the distinct possibility that Kathleen Hanna or Ian MacKaye might actually be incarnations of God.

12 comments:

Hannah Bee said...

I have always wanted to own those two dresses. A piece of fashion history one would treasure forever.

WendyB said...

Funny! I saw Shock the Monkey again recently, and I was like "20 years late, I still don't know what the fuck this is about."

Carrie said...

I hate Peter Gabriel. 'Shock the Monkey' used to have a humourous 'so bad its good' appeal, but after being forced to watch the disturbing 'Sledgehammer' video among others of his in music class makes me really want use a sledgehammer against Peter Gabriel.

you stupid little cunt.

Anonymous said...

personally, i'd like to use the sledgehammer that you have used against peter gabriel on "carrie"...
maybe it's just me?

daddylikeyblog said...

Your Five Things You'd Do If You Were a Billionaire made me love you times infinity.

Caileigh Grace said...

woww ..
carriee
go get a life ..
hmm?
name calling on blogs are lameeee..
justlikeyou.
ANYWAYS!
isabel!
love you and your blog..
p.s
did not know you were born in the t dot.
now i do :)

Carissa said...

Peter Gabriel sucks.

Alix d'Laire said...

Peter gabriel needs to go someplace in a corner where he won't bother anyone.

The soup can dress is amazing, as is the shirt. The cube dress, even though I know it's a wearable form of famous art, doesn't strike me as much, probably because it's been knocked off by Forever 21 and Target and the like ad nauseam.

Alix d'Laire said...

oh, and, carrie, take a joke, mkay?

Jello on Springs said...

wth is up with carrie?!
anywho...you live in the country?

Mariel said...

Jesus I would kill for that Warhol dress: imagine what it would be like to own!

Ragamala said...

that campbell's soup dress. I would definitely wear it just for the novelty of it all!