Sunday, July 06, 2008

Weird War is boss!

It seems like I have not talked about the cool folks on StyleMob in a coon's age!* For some reason, "post outfit pictures of yourself"-type websites are springing up everywhere! Compared to Chictopia and Modepass, StyleMob is an old hat. But one user has been inspiring me lately, the simply gorgeous Harlow. All her outfits look fantastic, especially the suspenders. And I've always had a soft spot for cardigan-dresses and plaid...



In other news, I got a MacBook for school. The sales guy did quite a number on my parents, and they really fell hard for it. Not that I'm complaining..

Oh! And if you are in Halifax this week, say hi to a boy on a bike! Because that would be Ryan!

Edit*: An astute commenter alerted me that this statement is a racial slur. I would never intentionally do this! I always thought it was one of those rarely used age-old expressions. Now I know why. Hindsight is 20/20. Apologies!

12 comments:

Tru said...

aww lucky you gettting a mac book

Natasha said...

Harlow is cute! I definitely prefer wardrobe_remix to stylemob though. I just hate how so many people on style mob post random crap like a celebrity or an accessory they want. And people can be jackasses.

Nice score on the Macbook!

Cindy said...

Isabelll
I'm baaaack! Macbook?!
I'm so jealous!!
I miss you so much!
-cindy

Vintage Vinyl said...

She is really stylish. And yes, I shall email you!

WendyB said...

That's got to work better than my HP PC from hell.

Caileigh said...

YOU GOT A MAC!!!!!!
I KNEW YOU WOULD!!!
YAY!!!
MAC BUDDIES!!!
GET ICHAT SO WE CAN TALK NEXT YEAR!!
ITS FREE!!
I LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

could you post her style mob link?

cool macbook! I want one =]

Canopenner said...

you know a coons age is a racial slur right?

Thats bery unhip of you to use racial slurs.

Im sure youre unaware, Im not hating or anything.

Jen said...

Actually, I think the term "coon" is racial when used by itself, but "coon's age" is an Americanism that probably came from "crow's age". So says all the places I've checked. =)

Anonymous said...

who is ryan??

Anonymous said...

Hey chick,
This is Amanda from Eastern Canada 2. Thanks for the support and I have to say that your blog puts mine to shame. Your photos made me crave vintage lace in a big way.

You`re also the identical twin of my friend Darrah from PEI...it`s quite shocking.

I`ll be voting for you daily and if you`re ever in the windy city, give me a ring.

doteven said...

i say to you today to go to urban dictionary and search for "coon" and "coon's age" and you will see the difference. i heard its wise to check your facts before you open your mouth, canopenner. try it sometime before barraging another.