Sunday, July 27, 2008

Why did I even write this?

I have been silently wishing, hoping and praying that summer will soon give way to some crisp fall weather. You see, in summer I tend to adopt a uniform of a white shirts and jean shorts - not exactly exciting blog-worthy material. Once I can wear tights, socks and tights with socks the 'fashion' in my life is bound to pick up.

When I saw this Autumn-ready photo on Moderniteter, I just thought "YES!" I love how cozy and warm the ratty old grey sweater is, and how perfect it looks with the tights, brown shoes and a pinch of florals.

Dude, I am having such a 'brown shoe' moment right now. I used to HATE brown shoes with a passion but they seem so rustic and charming to me now. (Oh God, why did I choose rustic as an adjective???)

8 comments:

beccajanie said...

I too long for cooler days and love the brown shoes. I think I'll even let you get away with 'rustic' ;)

Cindy said...

Isabel! Holy fuck, it's been way too long. How have you been? Also, I have a lot to catch up on your blog...ughhh Can we hang soon? I miss you so much Isabel!

Soul Tanggg said...

girl, i votedddd for you!!!

(twice!, shhh!)

Cherryred said...

Argh I completely sgree. Please bring autumn here right now! I am not built for summer and never know what to wear.!! Unfortunately I am not feeling the brown shoe vibe. Although I will happillt sut off an arm for anything in a soft tan leather. Mmmm

Jillian said...

you're NOT alone... i've been longing for fall *sigh*

Leith said...

ugh yes! I hate summertime. The only good thing about this weather is, well, nothing. I can't wait until I can wear my riding boots and a thick wool tights and one of those American Apparel turtleneck dresses.

Catbert said...

Autumn is my favourite season, so I'd have to agree with the longing for colder weather. I want to go outside without feeling gross.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Please don't wish for fall yet, it's still July!