Tuesday, July 22, 2008

You do have rights!

An infinite thanks to those who keep voting for me. They are working, as I am back in the lead. I appreciate every single vote cast for me SO MUCH! Keep voting every day until the deadline, August 11th.

In Toronto, I ended up buying a motley mix of old and new clothing. At H&M these lumberjack skinny pants were too bizarre for me to resist, plus some basic tanks and a peter pan collar shirt that isn't interesting enough to warrant a picture.

At Kensignton market there was so much vintage to choose from that I ended up being really picky. I bought this "Holy 1980s, Batman!" t-shirt and this cute 1970s skirt that should NEVER be worn together as I am demonstrating below. I am having major buyers remorse about the skirt, though. When the hell am I going to wear it? Those strawberries and daisies are a little too cheerful for me. On the other hand, the shirt... I was going to wear it to see the Dark Knight tonight but it was SOLD OUT so here I am angrily typing up a blog post. Grrrrr, must see that movie!

That's it, I'm booking tickets online.

7 comments:

Poster Girl said...

I love your Batman shirt, I'm really into the superhero trend right now. I just bought a Superman tee from the boy's section from a thrift store, I can't wait to wear it. I wanna see the Dark Knight, too but I think I'll wait a little while.

Butchie said...

First pic is totes fab.

The Clothes Horse said...

Those lumberjack pants are really cool. I always forget to look at pants in stores...
Glad you like my pictures.
I voted for you, it would be quite cool if you get a regular blog there. I'm curious, if you did will you maintain this one? Will they be the same, different, similar?

the iron chic said...

I saw it last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was pretty awesome....
Sigh, Ledger.
Best joker yet. Actually the best Batman movie yet in my mind.

Sally Bowles said...

I saw The Dark Knight and become so obessed with Heath Ledger as the Joker that I did two posts on him. Thats right, not one but two.

Hannah Cheeto said...

The Batman shirt is amazing.

Mimi said...

Usually the pants you're wearing in the 1st pic seem so punky and emo to me but ony you they look quite good.
But my ral obsession is your batman shirt.I'm so jealous!

Love your blog.