Thursday, August 07, 2008

24 Days Until Lift-Off

Lately I have been most inspired by reading other's peoples blogs and this "luxe grunge" oxymoron-look that everyone is touting for this Fall. (Did anyone else notice how Sept. Teen Vogue mentioned Bikini Kill twice?)

Its just amazing how stylish these regular, non-celebrity people are! People like Lulu, Wendy and Karla inspire me to dress up a little more from day to day - and have got me hankering for a chunky pair of heels really really badly.

The best look for Fall (for me, as a student who requires comfort at a key part of my dressing routine) involves a plaid flannel shirt, loose fitting trousers (though I still love skinnies, these are a nice substitute to godawful wide-leg bell bottoms) and worn-in brown leather shoes. I've metioned it before, but I have a massive shoe-crush on any brown leather footwear. They're classier than sneakers and easier than heels. Of course I have a huge shoe crush on heels too - these are just a bit more practical for me.

11 comments:

~Jay~ said...

wow ur soo small{:

Adrielle said...

Visite meu blog.

www.viendoaoextremo.blogspot.com

Beijos e abra├žos!

Caileigh said...

isa-boooob
i miss you!
i think you look FAB
and i can't wait to see you tomorrow night!!
I LOVE YOU!

WendyB said...

Fab jacket.

Anonymous said...

Liked the look....until I got to the shoes...:s...really throws off the look but not in a good way

Miss Woo said...

Love your take on the luxe grunge, plaid with two tone shoes are hot!

ps: thank you for the link :)

LEESH said...

i love the shoes! i think they are fabulous! rock that look, girl!

Miss Victory said...

Very cool little outfit. I love how you say it's an oxymoron look!

beccajanie said...

cute outfit! And I agree with miss woo, shoes are cute~

P.S. Still voting! And you're in the lead! Congrats!

Soul Tanggg said...

cutest outfit EVVERRR

Wendy said...

Loving this easy look, definitely a good choice for school.