Monday, August 04, 2008

Dorothy Says: There's No Place Like Home

I have always suspected that I was an 80 year old trapped in an 18 year old’s body, but that old lady (let’s call her Dorothy) has really been manifesting herself a lot more in my daily activities. With zero social interaction over the long weekend and a broken-down car, I am cooped up in my house and have taken to devouring Margaret Atwood novels and pulling weeds from the garden. This computer is my only escape.

Since I am pretty much the living embodiment of the nutty Little Edie from Grey Gardens right now, I need some fabulous heels to compliment my infringing social awkwardness. Yes, I think these heeled brogues will do. I tried on a pair with a similar heel at Aldo last week, and it was a pleasant surprise to discover that they were actually rather comfortable and fun to walk in. Chunky heels are awesome, spindly heels can go die in a hole of Tom Ford. Or something like that.

Do you think little Edie would’ve been into the whole ‘Patrick Robinson=Head designer at Gap?’ I think so. When I saw this page in Teen Vogue, I gasped and immediately made a mental (and physical) note to buy thermal socks at the next possible opportunity.

Finally, this is kind of irrelevant but I love Elton John. Praise that little sequined man for being so darn amazing! I could listen to ‘Your Song’ for hours. And I really want this t-shirt (SO NOT Little Edie) but the Ebay seller might as well cut off my right arm than have me pay $50 for a t-shirt.

Okay, I am done ranting.

16 comments:

mutleythedog said...

Maybe you are the blogs oldest imaginary blogger now that other one died...

Sally Bowles said...

Edith 'Big Edie' Bouvier Beale: Aren't you going to feed, uh, Whiskers, Edie? Come on, go feed Whiskers. No, don't eat it; give it to Whiskers, please!

Farren said...

The Aldo shoes are gorgeous! =) I need to hop down to my local Aldo store and see if they have those. I've been looking for similar shoes, although flat ones. But, I love a heel anyways! And I agree... spindly heels can go die in a hole. I'm not one for spindly heels. =/

Anthea said...

The shoes are great. I am somewhat skeptical about the quality of Aldo shoes. Do you think anyone can save the Gap? It's terrible in Vancouver..just depressing.

Wendy said...

Did you get the heels from Aldo? I found a nicely cheap pair of spectators from a thrift shop.

Jazzy Stardust said...

And I always suspected that I was a Martian trapped in a human's body :O
I like the heels and the ones in the teen Vogue picture are nice as well.

beccajanie said...

loving the brogues and the fact that you are "devouring Atwood novels" - she is my fave.

Miss Victory said...

Awesome t-shirt, I agree, and what an excessive price tag.

I've had a fear of chunky heels for a while now. *goes off to try on some chunky heels*

Gloria said...

I love the randomness of elton john at the end.

the iron chic said...

One of my favorite muppet show moments was when Elton John sang "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road."
Amazing.
youtube it!

Vintage Vinyl said...

Those Aldo brogues are fantastic. I think you need to buy them asap. And nodding to your previous post, those brown leather t-strap shoes are amazing!! I swear to goodness, you do know where to shop for thriftiness. I need some advice on that front.

Arielle said...

you are my new favorite person. Those Aldo shoes will soon be my new school shoes. I love them. I'm sorry about being being in the house :/ hopefully it will get better soon

lalaliu said...

yes spindly heels should just die! haha or maybe I need balancing lessons. make your own elton john shirt with good ole iron on transfers :D

Emily said...

that shoe/ sock combo in teen vogue is verging on genius- do you know where those shoes are from?

emily @ Fashion156

Rollergirl said...

SNAP! I love Elton too! ALL the tunes, even the naff ones like I'm Still Standing (actually, I think that had a really good video!). Love the tee but that is way pricey.

aishoz said...

i L.O.V.E elton too!!! he's the man. and i want the tee.