Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm watching Jeopardy right now.

I confess, I am a floral-phobic. I have no problem with looking feminine, its just that pink and loud floral prints seem to trigger an automatic allergic reaction. But I’ve seen so many pictures of people loking wonderful in florals that I really wanted to try the look out. (Pics from Teen Vogue and Closet Bug.)


I got this floral shirt (can you even see the flowers?) at the $3 bag sale – it isn’t something I would normally buy, but it was cheap enough to take a risk with. To be honest, it’s a total “frumpy mom” shirt, but doesn’t look half bad with a high-waisted skirt and knee socks.

Yes, I am rather enjoying this newfound venture into florals. (Actually, I do own this dress so I’m not quite a floral virgin…But the flowers are so small it barely counts as being ‘floral’, right?)

15 comments:

WendyB said...

Thigh-highs will prevent anything from looking frumpy.

Wendy said...

Over the knee socks! Yay!

Miss Karen said...

First of all I have to say your dress in the Guilty Post below - so gorgeous!!

But back to the main story: I really like your shirt here, the floral print is subtle nut really nice and not OTT so when the floral trend goes to heaven, you can still rock this shirt and for $3 you can't go wrong can you?

Farren said...

i've never been a floral girl. but, the recent upsurge in florals on the runway have got me wanting to try it out. i really want this dress i saw! i'll probably go and pick it up soon. =)

Jazzy Stardust said...

ah, to be honest the shirt does look a little....frumpish? on its own. (no offense) But not bad with what you wear it with! ;)

Yea Shirley suffered from BDD. She's a beautiful gorgeous woman though I always thought! She has been very genuinely troubled though..

Yes, I'm from Toronto (not exactly in it, but the area) btw where are you from, I know its Ontario.

yoncto said...

your outfit looks really nice.
i loved that teen vogue girl's pants, too!

Alix d'Laire said...

That girl's tights are amazing. I love the way you paired the conservative shirt with the skirt, well played!

P.S. I added you to my blog list (It really has no effect since my blog is so small), but if you mind I can take you off.

Hannah Cheeto said...

You completely manage to defrumpify (totally a word!) that shirt.

Stararah said...

I'm obsessed with flowers. I think about half of the things in my wardrobe have flowers on them. Ha ha. :|

LalaLiu said...

you make frumpy mom look so cool! love it :D and I saw that teen vogue girl also, was sooo jealous of her floral tight/pants.

Anonymous said...

Great outfit! I want that AA skirt =] I love vintage florals rather than modern

Rora said...

oh wow such a great look! knee socks make even the frumpiest clothes hottt.
<3 your blog! linking you

beccajanie said...

Congrats on the foray into florals, I myself love them! Your shirt isn't frumpy though - it looks great with that skirt!

Annie said...

oh isabel that outfit is soo cute especially for fall!

Little Miss Dress Up said...

you look so adorable!!! i love this outfit