Sunday, August 10, 2008

Juvenile Product of the Working Class

The age old question: Converse or Vans? The answer: Neither, buy these Simple shoes. I bought them because they're eco-friendly and I don't have a pair of quality sneakers that isn't made of canvas. Ahh yes, and the 50% off sticker didn't hurt.

Yesterday was the epic St. Vincent's bag sale. If you ever get the chance - go. You can fill a shopping bag for $3 and with the amount of stuff you can fit in there, each piece ends up costing around 25 cents. I got a ton of items that need altering before they can be displayed but my absolute favourite thrift find was this zip-up plaid jumper. I think it was a school uniform in a past life and I freaking love it.

I have wanted a pair of high-waisted shorts for a while, so it was a pleasant surprise to see this mega-1980s pair on the rack. The black crochet vest was also from the bag sale - I had seen it at the store before but waited for today to make my move.

Jelly shoes can be hit or miss, but the circumstances were right: They're silver, cheap and fit perfectly in my bag.

Now I'm off to sew frantically for the rest of the day and pack more things in boxes for my big move. (Yes, University.) Sometimes I can be organized to the point of anality...

Oh yes. Today is the last day to vote for me in the Reporter Search that I am going to lose. Sad but true - at least I have no delusions.

19 comments:

WendyB said...

Sounds like a fun sale -- assuming you get a big bag.

Anonymous said...

Those Simple shoes are awesome! I'll check into possibly buying some. I love your thrift store purchases also :D

Cindy said...

Isabelllllll
you ain't gonna lose!!!
You is going to win!!
Everyone vote!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. I miss you so much Isabel!

Hannah Cheeto said...

$3-a-bag sale? Sound amazing!

Farren said...

$3 for a bag of clothes sounds enticing. Sadly, I never have any luck in places like those. I guess maybe they just never have the cool clothes in my size. =/

mary said...

Aww! I posted my link in my msn name and told everyone to vote for you. You were funny...

We have a bag sale at the frenchys here... I love it to death but there normally isn't that much, sadly.

Ahahaha I love superbingo too... I kept singing the bruce springsteen part for ages.

LCL said...

oooh I love the jellies and the crochet vest
I really need to go to a bag sale like that

lalaliu said...

bag sales are the greatest! why does my st. vinnies not do the right thing and hold one too? and good luck! voted for you again :D

Stitches & Threads said...

I LIVED in jelly shoes as a kid. Wow I'd totally forgotten about them. Love the trainers too. They're really cool :)

Hannah Cheeto said...

Who is voting for the other girl seriously? She doesn't have a blog that I can find....

Butchie said...

Let me get this straight...you are saying no to Converse and yes to jelly shoes?

Style Addict said...

I love your blog want to exchange links?

Penny said...

I have been looking for a pair of jelly shoes for ages, but like the ones that are pictured there but the stripey bits were thinner and they had a peep toe?
nobody seems to know what i'm talking about though when i describe them!! lol
i will find them one day...

the iron chic said...

I've given my heart to Keds.....
only cause converse and vans make my feet look disproportionately big.
Is that a word up there? I'll go with it.

Anonymous said...

second pic- put on some heels to "spruce up" the look...a little bland with the boring belt

Wendy said...

Oh wow, bag sale sounds like the sweetest thing ever!

Monikapolitan said...

I love jelly shoessss!

Great blog!!

Daughters of Dawn said...

I just bought some white jelly shoes and love them! The only thing is they tear up the heels of my feet and now I have to wear 2 bandaids on each foot and I still haven't learned my lesson and can't break my habit of horribly uncomfortable but absolutely cute foot wear!!!

beccajanie said...

love your dress! And those Simple Shoes! Fabulous