Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cabin Fever


Oh rejoice! Its finally getting chilly enough to wear what I want. And what I want to wear are thermal socks - unapologetically. Yes they are from the men's section at Zellers, but I find so much inherent beauty in these things its a little disturbing. For the coming months, I will most likely pair these fuzzy wonders with everything I own. Be prepared! I have had these socks sitting in a drawer for a while, but when I saw this picture on Blog de Betty, I absolutely knew it was time to dig them out.

Are those not the most perfect shoes ever! There was a girl in my night class who was wearing these amazing brown oxfords, so I struck up a conversation and found out they were Jeffrey Campbell from Urban Outfitters. Why must it be so easy for some people to find a solid pair of brogues, and such a trial for me?

This is what I wore yesterday, looking mad as a hatter. Its not a great picture, so I probably would not have posted it had the skirt not gotten so many comments! No less than 5 people approached me about my weird and wonderful newsprint pencil skirt and they were all shocked when I told them it was thrifted.

13 comments:

WendyB said...

As a former newspaper employee, I love newsprint clothes.

Savvy Mode SG said...

dior has a newsprint collection years ago. very savvy find! totally fab!

LEESH said...

rad skirt!

Cherilyn said...

Can I just say, I love your blog. It's so entertaining, and you are so fashionable, but in your own unique way. I love your newspaper skirt. Where did you get your grey t-shirt dress? I love it and have been looking for one similar, to no avail. I bought an XL orange t-shirt that looked like it would be long enough to create the illusion of a dress, but unfortunately, did not work.

Deua said...

I'm not a big fan of newsprint clothes myself...
hey but I LOVE your thermal socks! they are hte cutest thing ever!

Miss Karen said...

I love that skirt! And I have so much brogue envy for people who find the perfect pairs - mine are all just wrong somehow :C I guess it's me and not the shoes that's the problem.

Anonymous said...

seriously whenever I need a laugh this blog does the trick. hipster fashions from the north. thank you for existing.

beccajanie said...

oh I am loving the newsprint skirt. AND the brogues in that photo. I find it impossible to track down ones I like also. Coveting!

Caileigh said...

isabel
you are fabulous
fantastic
and
feisty
i love you

MWah.fashion said...

ilike your legwarmers :]and i just saw you on teenvogue, congrats about that!

Anonymous said...

i have trouble with oxfords. ive bought several pairs, took them home, tried them, and eventually return them!
they all look awkward, but these are super cute!

love the blog, you are now on eof my daily checks, like childhood and white light. xxxxo

some beeeyotch said...

i'm so excited that it's finally getting cooler too! it'll probably go back to being 90 degrees tomorrow, damn the southern states, but right now i'm loving wearing pants and a long sleeve. love the skirt, by the way!

the iron chic said...

I am also happy i get to wear my beloved cardigan collection again.
Yay Canada!