Monday, September 08, 2008

Oh, will you just look at me?


The best part of NY Fashion Week isn't the shows, its Iekeliene Stange! Who cares if she's wearing a Turbonegro shirt (ew), she looks like a mismatched hippie troll and I like it. I saw a pair of Etienne Aigner studded loafers at a thrift store that look just like hers - why did I not buy them???

So yeah, Fashion Week? You know how magazines mash together frightful adjectives in an attempt to describe something? This season is definitely "comfy-meets-business". Yes, I'm shameless. Alexander Wang did not disappoint. Total student wear.

Then there's Karen Walker. Also perfect student wear. Instead of buying overpriced sweatpants from the Campus Shop, why not save up a couple extra pennies for these loose plaid pants? The price difference probably isn't that much!

Speaking of being a poor and resourceful student, you do the best with what you have. So when a Toga Party calls, you use what you got. And sometimes all you've got is bubble wrap. Yes, K. is wearing a bubble wrap toga! Everyone was trying to dance up on her and pop the bubbles all night!

13 comments:

Fashion Babbler said...

I kept trying to think of a word to describe this season and "comfy-meets-business" is most definitely the right way to describe it.

the iron chic said...

Whoa! I go away for a bit and you are all in college and stuff!

I guess you didn't get to move to TDot though.....

WendyB said...

Ha! The bubble wrap is great.

Farren said...

a bubble wrap toga is pure genius. lol. =)

Miss Karen said...

I love the bubble wrap outfit! Possibly the best I have seen in a while :D

And I do like the pic of Iekeliene she's all the right sorts of crazy!

Wendy said...

Oh bubble wrap is a cool idea.

Anonymous said...

your at UOW right?
i swear im not a creeper lol
a few of my friends are there as well!

Miss Woo said...

I'd like to hug the bubble wrap girl, if only to hear the popping sounds..

Anonymous said...

Isabellll
I miss youuuu
-cindyyy

beccajanie said...

That bubble wrap toga is absolutely hilariously awesome!

emily said...

ahh, the bubble wrap toga is so cool and i loved alexander wang!

Anna Pope said...

The bubble wrap is an awesome, ingenious idea!

Anonymous said...

The fact that you put me on here makes me so happy. YAY.
-KT