Friday, September 19, 2008

Skull Ring, Moss Ring

Is there a way to look fashionable while going camping? Probably not, so no outfit posts for a while. My program is venturing out into the wilderness for the weekend.

So umm, not going to lie. I almost (emphasis on almost) bought a pair of those grey crochet Ugg boots. I was trying them on, and thinking "Lalala, these look like a cozy grey sweater. I love grey sweaters! Lalalala." Then when I looked into the mirror, and common sense came rushing back. "Holy shit, these are nowhere near as flattering as a grey sweater! I have cankles and they're hard to walk in!" Thank God I didn't buy them, or I would have to forfeit having a fashion blog altogether.


...and now for something completely different. Moss rings! Yes, its a ring that you can grow moss on. Kind of like a Chia Pet for your finger? I seriously want one.


Big thanks to my roommate (we're both enviro-geeks) for tipping me off about this one. In fact, go to the website In Habitat for more interesting eco-friendly creativeness. There's an entire 'fashion' section you can check out.

20 comments:

Amelia said...

Ooh, I love the moss ring. Yeah, I once considered those Ugg boots--they are almost cute, but still very, very wrong.

WendyB said...

LOL @ cankles. I doubt anything could give you cankles.

Ashleigh said...

this is awesome (esp. for science geek like me :P)....never seen this anywhere- thanks for posting about it Isabel!

sammi-lise ^_^ said...

eww...Ugg
sorry I just do not like Uggs
But I saw someone wearing those today in school...it looked...er...interesting

Zita said...

*shudders* if you wear uggs, I... I.... I just don't know what I'd do with myself.

Savvy Mode SG said...

i am debating about the grey or pink ugg knit boots, but savvy sis thinks they are uggly...

Hannah Cheeto said...

The gray sweater Uggs are quite appealing when it gets cold... but no! The Uggs! Bad! Haha there almost cute but yes very wrong.

And a moss ring... coolest eco jewelry ever?

Danielle Fletcher. said...

horrible boots, good decision.
amazing ring!
I want one so badly!

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

I totally wanted those boots too.

emily said...

OMGGG I WANT ONE!

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Nothing wrong w being 'envirogeeks'
as long as you don't live up in a tree for almost 2 years...hee!(that's what happened in Berkeley California recently) It's in one of my posts... The moss ring is a conversation piece indeed!

Thanks for dropping by...keep in touch! blessings*

beccajanie said...

i love love love the moss ring, I saw it also on the coveted and was taken with it right away - amazingness.

I too have previously been tempted by uggs only to be later repelled by them. As for me, I'm getting some fancy boots for winter, but when warmth is needed, I'm getting me some houndstooth Sorels from zappos, maybe I can start a new trend.. haha

Wendy said...

Dude those rings are pretty cool.

The Stylish Wanderer said...

I KNOW! I want that moss ring as well!

Miss Karen said...

Hehe those ugg boots are deceptively cute. But the moss rings are definitely super cool, I must look into this!

Narcissistic Youth said...

oh my gosh a chia pet for your finger?! To (ashamedly) quote Rachel Zoe - I die!

MR style said...

those booots are to die for

The Waves said...

What a wonderful ring! I would probably kill it though. :(

Monikapolitan.com said...

As much as uggs are considered "Gasssppp...a fashion crime" those are actually cute. It takes a fashionable girl to pull them off and i'm sure your capable of that :D

Anonymous said...

Ooohh.. have you seen the skull rings by Ruby Crush... Fearne Cotton wears 'em all the time.

O M G !! I want them all...check 'em out, they're gorgeous

www.myspace.com/julianlamb

peace
A.