Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Switch Swatch

This is a bit of a mixed bag but I AM SUCH A LUCKY WENCH. You see, I got a package in the mail. But not just any package. A package containing premium hand-selected clothes from the one and only wunderkid, Tavi! We did this blogger clothes swap sort of thing and it was so fun! Check out my haul.

Two fantastic 80s t-shirts, a crazy awesome pearl sweater plus a plaid skirt some scarves and zipper pull earrings - all for the cost of only postage! These blogger-swaps are not only ridiculously fun but an environmentally sustainable way to recycle your old clothes while getting new ones in the process.

Then I have my favourite picture from New Year's Eve. :)


Finally, I hate to take advantage of anyone's talent but am clueless about photoshop and really want a new header! Leave a comment or email me if you want to do it, but it's be really cool if it was just 'hipster musings' typed in typewriter font over top of this Kurt Cobain with a cat picture! God, I am such a leech. Just send your submission to eloquentseriatim(at)hotmail(dot)com.

I'm not exactly sure of my header dimensions but I'd assume they are standard Blogger.com size?

18 comments:

kimberleigh rose said...

I love what you're wearing in the New Year's Eve picture. And congrats on the package... very cool stuff. -kimberleighROSE

yellow, white, red ROSES
kimberleighrose.blogspot.com

fashionista said...

I WANT TO DO YOUR HEADER...

E.K. Wimmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tavi said...

YAY!!!! I'm so glad you got it!! I know you'll rock all of them and I can't wait to see your outfits with them!! Sorry for the not-like-me overuse of exclamation points but it makes me very happy these clothes have finally found there way to their rightful owner (all destined to be yours, haha).

sarah said...

i sent you an email? i hope it worked, just for fun...

Mel said...

hi! avid blog reader here. I don't normally do this but I'm home sick and have photoshop and really like your blog so I can do a header!

my email's applepancakes3@yahoo.com so if you get a message with a header from that it's not spam..

kirstie said...

regretfully, i know nothing about making headers, as i'm technically challenged, but i am a fan of your blog, its brilliant. - kirstie x

www.iammusicjunkie.blogspot.com

diane said...

The pearl sweater and plaid skirt - very bombshell, I'm loving it.
It's hard to wear a headband well; I look stupid in them, but you look good.
I thought that was K.C. I've never seen that photo of him before, it's sweet.

Wendy said...

Ah swapping is uber fun!

Deborah said...

You are a lucky wench!

Becca Jane said...

very cool items from your blogger swap - how fun! Looking forward to seeing what you do with those!

If I had header making abilities I would be happy to make you one, but alas, I do not.

article is up btw! Thanks again for helping out!

Amelia said...

I love the idea of a blogger swap and I love anyone who uses the word wench! The beaded sweater looks amazing.

Rosanna said...

awesome swap! i've never tried it :)

xoxo
littlemissdressup.com

Anonymous said...

http://www.ihatemyacne.com/gatopoder/?p=250

other kurt/cat pics

Daughters of Dawn said...

I love your New Years dress!

Rachie-Pie said...

love that aztec print polo

Brooke Alexandra said...

Hey girl, I'll buy that shirt with the dude (chick? dude?) on it from ya, or trade you more crazy clothes for it...

Kay said...

The sweater looks so cool.
And that is a reallly snazzy New Year's outfit.

http://thestitched.blogspot.com/