Friday, January 30, 2009

Vanished


Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a snowglobe. It's a lovely feeling when you're holed up doing work but can simply look out the window and catch a glimpse of this picturesque weather. I really do love winter, but my favourite boots (the ones I'm wearing here) broke!

I've been really interested in Keith Haring lately. Even if the name isn't familiar, you've probably seen his artwork. He does these adorable little cartoons that about peace, love, AIDS awareness etc. They remind me of everything that was seedy and vibrant and exciting about the New York City in the 1980s, which was Haring's hallowed ground. He died of AIDS in 1990, but I feel his work is alive and well.




Actually, Adidas just came out with a line of tracksuits with his work printed on it. I kind of love this jacket but its $300.

16 comments:

Kelly said...

your pants are GREAT! and i'm sorry about your boots...that REALLY stinks.

sarahcapulet said...

I
LOVE
THAT
JACKET

Anonymous said...

They closed the Pop shop on Lafayette street a few years back; I was so sad because all they sold was Haring-ware! I have a hoodie sweatshirt with the baby drawing on it; I wonder if they still make any of the clothing?

Alice X said...

i lovee the heart and your awesome awesome pants.

WendyB said...

Great jacket, but I'll just stick with my ancient sweatshirts.

Diane said...

I never knew who the artist was behind that, and now I'm off to research him as well!

I've been reading your blog for a few months now and I love your style! You always look so comfortable as well as super stylin'. I'm a new blogger and I added you to my blogroll!

Diane
http://recycleddarling.blogspot.com

MEAGHAN!? said...

cute! the fashion void girl has the same pants on today. you know, http://moohoop.livejournal.com/.

god, i forgot how much i love track jackets.

chael said...

i love those pants! i've been trying to find good skinny plaid trousers for forever at thrift stores, but so far the only skinny pants i've found at all have been a pair of shakespearean knickerbockery tights (which i bought, of course). i might actually have to try my hand at just getting baggy plaid trousers and sewing them tighter. good outfit, though! you use color well, in ways that pop out with certain points-of-interest in your outfits, like these pants, i think.

diane said...

I used to have a wife-beater-Keith-Haring-mini-dress in the eighties. Like a fool, I let it go.
Buffalo plaid, nice.

Hannah Cheeto said...

I love Keith Haring! When I was little I had a notebook with his artwork printed on it....

L.P. said...

Ahhh, he is adorable. I have been obsessing over progressively creative and inspiring gay men lately. Ever since I saw Milk.

Anna Pope said...

I've always wondered who did those drawing, heh.

Love the jacket!

Miss Woo said...

I'm not big on prints, but that jacket is pretty cool. I can totally see you rocking it!

LILIX said...

I'm glad that you know Keith Haring! He's my idol!!!

WhatAFlamboyantKapow said...

i have his designs on my phone.
they're themes/wallpapers.
XD
xx

Sheena said...

Love Keith Haring! Your blog is most excellent!