Sunday, March 08, 2009

Future Riff

Whew, Fashion Week goes by quickly when you're not paying attention. But holy kazam, how Comme Des Garcons was my outfit from last Sunday???


I would probably die for these CDG shoes, too. They reminded me of this Selby shot instantly!

Maison Martin Margiela has effectively convinced me that I must buy a nude bodysuit right this minute. I bet I could find some sort of cheap SPANX brand thing aimed at mature women at Sears or other random department store? Yes, I think so.


Award for the most whimsical (secret word that describes "overall favourite collection" in my books) goes out to Libertine. Queen printed coat? LIBRARY BOOKS PATTERNED DRESS? Yes is the word. I am in love.


Lastly, I was really happy that Vivienne Westwood brought the 'shiny', and Missoni brought the 'grunge' to FW/09. Everyone knows that those are possibly my two favourite things to wear. Ever.

13 comments:

dearilou said...

Dude, you could totally make those feet shoes with thrifted black loafers and some white out. That is what they remind me of, this girl I knew in high school who painted white out polka dots on her mary janes. I thought she was so fashion forward...

diane said...

It's good to see you are back in the game, feeling better. That first look is totally what you were wearing, that is so weird. I really like the last look, but having a cold, things that wrap you up look great to me. Nice post. xo

Lily said...

The nude bodysuit looks like something Madonna would wear (has worn) The liebertine book dress is pretty frigen sweet.

style munch said...

LOVE pictures 6 and 7. also ive been convinced for a couple of months now that everyone needs a white and nude and maybe even pale pink body suit. new wardrobe staple / necessity with all of this mesh and see through business and what not. xx
www.ibitefashion.blogspot.com

ohphilippa said...

i love the foot shoes! and the whimsy is a fave of mine too

Karen said...

that library book print dress is amazing!!

- Karen
www.acupofvogue.blogspot.com

Mary said...

ahahah CDG is IN URZ HEAD, STEALING URZ INSPOS.
I loved margiela this season, and to be honest not usually a fan. But the mesh.. oh the mesh.

Ashleigh said...

you can find that bodysuit at AA as well ...p.s. had a question to ask you bc I know you have posted videos with blogger before..I tried to upload one..45 secs and 250 MGs ...too large...blogger accepts only under 100 ...how did you reduce your file size? it also took too long to upload on youtube :s...any help appreciated...thanks! XX

Alice X said...

i lovee mmm this season, the clouds were soo beautiful and i loveee libertine, sooo whimsical and cute.

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

sarah said...

all quirky and refined and regal. isn't vivienne grand?

maddie said...

that library dress is so cute!

Rosé Ghislain Magritte said...

mmm... I loved all of these collections. and your outfit was very Comme, maybe you and Rei share similar brain cavities.

SOPHIA said...

That nude bodysuit is completely genius. Reminds me very much of something Lady Gaga would wear. So very cute.

-Sophie (http://bonjourmodele.blogspot.com)