Friday, October 23, 2009

As the flames rose to her roman nose


This outfit is basically the Autumn version of my 'Arctic Princess' look from last winter. I like this outfit, apparently it is perfect for my future as a weirdo old cat lady who builds shelves on the walls for cats can play on. (Yes, somebody actually believes that this is my future.) Another person asked me if I was an art student while wearing this. Not sure if there's a correlation between art kids and cat people, but I guess this outfit is here to bridge the gap.

Circle Scarf - American Apparel
Bear sweater - Christmas Present
Drape skirt - American Apparel
Grey tights - They're kinda old, don't remember where I got them
Fake Keds - Thrifted

13 comments:

WendyB said...

I was just listening to that song this morning (re your title)!

Faux Naif said...

ah yes. the predicament of the "future cat lady." i think i'm destined to be a crazy cat lady as well. shame that i'm allergic to cats - although, come to think of it, that'll probably just add to the overall mad effect.

Tea For Two said...

It is definitely pretty 'art student', really not sure about the 'crazy cat lady' part! :) But time will tell. A hybrid sounds promising.

Robyn said...

It does seem that people assume one is an art student when they dress in clothing beyond the normal. Huh!

R. said...

I need a huge cozy scarf like that. Hmm.

And yes, I am one of those weird people who actually likes candy corn. Ha.

The Fashion Tape said...

I am in love with your sweater, and now feel compelled to send you some complimentary shelves for some ficticious cats to play on.
H
xoxo

Becca Jane said...

I love that sweater, it looks so cozy!

Miss Red said...

i love the skirt. and this outfit is so perfect for autumn. i don't see any cat lady-ness. mostly because cat ladies probably don't shop at american apparel.

Zhcsyra hp said...

lovely sweater :))

diane said...

You could just curl up with a book in an outfit like that, couldn't you? I mean, it defines cozy.
I seriously knew an old cat lady once, terrible, smelly. I don't think you're headed that way.

Eyeliah said...

Great twist on the look here, the skirt definitely adds to the princess feel of the look.

Kelly & Tracy said...

lovely sweater!

white lightning said...

I LOVE THIS OUTFIT you are so cute, you are you ARE