Sunday, November 15, 2009

Horror, Design


The sequin sweater of epic proportions made another appearance in today's outfit. I think it is my second favourite sweater (not even silver sequins can replace my love for Fawkes the phoenix sweater). This week has been altogether awesome. Last night I went to a drag show at the bar and watched my male friend prance around in five inch heels to the Spice Girls. Today I went thrifting an accidentally stole a pair of pants from Value Village. The cashier only charged me for the sweater that I bought, and I decided not to say anything because, uh, who doesn't want free pants?

I also got a copy of the new issue of Worn Fashion Journal in the mail! I've said it once, I've said it again and I'll say it once more: Worn Fashion Journal is the probably smartest fashion publication on the market today, and I'm proud to say it hails from Canada.

I loved the paragraph descriptions of personal style, the article on vintage fashion collectors and how they actually care enough to put their interns in the magazine.



Shout out to my girl Anna!

21 comments:

Annie said...

I am in love with your sweater! You seem to have a magnificent collection. The magazine looks awesome as well.

Diane said...

I should really subscribe to Worn magazine - it looks amazing and seems like a wonderful read!

Haha, I hated eating with vegetarians because most of my friends that I hung out with at the time were vegetarians and I got sick of being so selective whenever we went out to eat since they wanted to eat at strictly vegan places, etc. I admit I was a little naive, quick to judge, and a bit of an asshole.

Thanks for your tips and suggestions. I'm going to do some heavy research on this vegetarian thing, go to my doctor, blah blah blah before I officially make the switch.

P.S. Shoes are a-coming! I will mail them out to you early this week.

fashionista said...

LOVE your outfit, and your accidental theft made me laugh.

Christina said...

That "Rachel" style description sounds a little like your style (and I mean that as a compliment)!

Amy said...

Omgomg it's Anna! That's two friends in magazines this month!

Hoorah for silly VV employees :)

louise or valentine said...

am totally gonna have to check out worn. but on a similar, excited publication note- after a week of searching, i finally found the new lula! they had been sold out everywheres >.<

Robyn said...

Oh that little personal style thing is so cool!
I especially enjoyed the bit about the unicycle, as I love to hear about people with unicycles, but mostly because I own and ride 3~ hehe

-Robyn

Urooba said...

Daaaang, I'm jealous of that sequined sweater.
And yeeeee, Canadian pride!

Mimi said...

i want worn! afdjkglh but i have never bought anything online. not even a mag subscription O___o

miss_vogue said...

worn

diane said...

I'm usually not at a loss for words, but I can't even start with this post, because of it's awesomeness. No, seriously, completely awesome.


I love the fact that you have a male friend who can actually dance in high heels,btw.

sarah said...

you're adorable, even making a scream face. how cold is canada right now? how are you not swaddled in 5 layers? sf is finally reaching below-70 temps and i'm huddling over my space heater...
xo s

WendyB said...

Don't try an accidental theft with me, missy!

Slanelle said...

i love that outfit! you wear sweaters so well!

chess said...

Alright, I am confused right now. Was that you in the magazine cover?

Isabel said...

Nope, definitely not me on the cover.

Emilia said...

i love the pictures :D

Broke and Trendy said...

LOVE that sweater.

http://voguebeforefood.blogspot.com

AFitz said...

For those wondering, our cover girl is Kate!
http://www.wornjournal.com/html/kate-wornette/

CHICMUSE said...

LOVE YOUR FACE IN THERE. GREAT POST.









XX
CHICMUSE

Fifi said...

I'm so jealous you're in knitted sweaters and boots, it's summer over here and I'm wearing short shorts and a singlet at midday.