Monday, March 01, 2010

GO TEAM CANADA FTW!!!

VANCOUVER 2010, FUNK YEAH! SO PROUD OF OUR MEN AND WOMEN FOR BRINGING HOME THE GOLD! TEAM CANADA YEAHHHHH! Ok, just had to get that out of my system. Anyways, so I guess F/W 2010 was all about being nice and pretty and romantic and ladylike? None of those traits have ever been my forte, but I did manage to find quite a few looks I liked from my favourite designers.

Vivienne Westwood is my number one. Always has been (since I was fourteen and liked the Sex Pistols) and always will be. Nice to see that Dame Viv shares my adoration for freaky-ass legwear. Creamy beige, highlighter yellow and environmental justice seem like a bizarre mix, but I really really like it.

Proenza Schouler was absolutely wicked! Screw the babydoll dresses, I need this entire outfit.

Marc Jacobs was pretty school. I guess longer skirts are like THE thing right now? That sucks for stumpy people (like me) but I like the fair isle sweater quite a bit.

Jeremy Scott is always a good time, guaranteed. That reminds me of a scribbling I saw in a public washroom the other day that said "For a good time... READ A BOOK."

Christopher Kane was all about the bad-ass granny this season, a.k.a so far up my alley I can feel it coming from the other side.

Of course, I had to save the best for last. Charles Anastase really took me by surprise! I had him pegged as someone who designs for the 'soft, pretty ingenue' type but this collection was just wild! The unexpected colours and ruffles are the totally the best part.

22 comments:

Zenobie said...

LOL Badass granny! To hear the collection described like that just gives it a whole new dimension!

Faux Naif said...

yeahuuh i like your runway recap. i wish i had the time/courage to do one myself, but i just don't.

Peacock's Hat said...

Of course Vivienne Westwood would be your thing with her crazy granny/punkness, and influences on music, and environmental stuff. Seems like a match made in heaven. I want the purple boxy bob off that Charles Anatase model. The glasses are awesome as well. Thought the picture you'd put on Twitter the other day of the Enid glasses was one of the most epic things I'd ever seen.Do it Isabel, DO IT, PUT PRESCRIPTION LENSES IN THEM AND BECOME YOUR DESTINY!!!

Kylie said...

I agree with all of the above, apart from Kane... I mean, am I the only one who is REALLY not impressed with him (in general)?? His collections seem so narrowminded to me: he picks a theme or motif and then does the same dress in 25 variations. I just don't see him having a really long career if he keeps this up.

Oops, maybe the comment box on someone else's blog isnt the best place to vent, sowwy! The pink Anastase outfit is TO DIE for. Need to go check out this collection asap.

Oh, and thanks for the outfit rec. My long skirt is definately begging for black lips so badly it's not even funny.

<3<3<3

carolyn said...

love the jeremy scott dress!!! elegant but also kind of black-magicy....haha and what little I followed of the olympics was pretty sweet- LOVED the opening ceremony joni mitchell number!!!

Robyn said...

haha those pictures are so amazing!
I really love the purple hair in the last photo there~ totally awesome.

(I have to join you on this one..Go Canada!! )
-Robyn

Savannah Burton said...

once again you describe a whole collection in a few simple words!

Sarah H. said...

Ahh, these are beautiful!
AND HOW GREAT ARE WE? 14 GOLDS. YEAH NO BIG DEAL.
The last one really took my by surprise! And the shoes are fabulous.

www.sarah-mascara.blogspot.com

Dhu said...

CANADA! I only caught the last 3 seconds of the hockey game, but that was some goal.
I adore your little commetns between the pictures, they make the pictures even more enjoyable to look at, I'm really loving the bottom few pictures, those outfits are beyond fantastic.

diane said...

These are all great. Christopher Kane's is my favorite. It's dark and ladylike at the same time.

Caroline said...

The last three are my favorites! I love how over the top and imaginative some of the designers become!

I love drawing fashion illustration for kicks because of it.

:)

ciarachamberlain said...

I love that purple hair.

Crystal said...

Love the super high pony tail and purple hair. Also the skirt in the last pics, I want to recreate it out of trash bags. Sigh Vivienne, what you do to me.

Fifi said...

Laughed at "so far up my alley I can feel it coming from the other side."

louise or valentine said...

so...yeah...
im debating about selling a kidney to own tons of vivienne westwood
bad or good idea?

Canvas Photos said...

The third to last photo.... looks like Mauculay Culkin on the runway. I was very confused. But the dress is lovely.

Gem said...

I love that purple haired model in the last pic, she looks too cool.
As for the first Charles pic, that girl totally reminds me of you!

samantha said...

charles is my favorite too! the minute i saw it, and stopped drooling, i saved the whole collection to my c drive.


discardedjunk.blogspot.com

Peacock's Hat said...

In reply to your comment on my blog Isabel, it's actually down to you that I got into the Smiths at all. My mother absolutely hates them and thinks Morrissey has got an awful whiney voice (which, I do agree with to some extent) and so I'd never really listened to them until you posted This Charming Man, which I couldn't stop listening to. And, hey presto, I went and bought a best of. I'm not a huge fan, not at all, more of a developing one. I think I'd been listening to them earlier in the day which was why 'Nothing in particular'was going around my head.

lyris said...

ooh i like the viv west look and the kane look a lot! amazing/funny/inspiration blog you've got here! stop by mine sometime!

letsdoitandsaywedid.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

I really like the length of that Marc Jacobs skirt combined with the socks. I have a couple skirts of a similar length, I should try wearing them with socks instead of tights.

Becca Jane said...

Definitely was super happy about the golds as well.