Friday, March 26, 2010

The Lower Half

There's no getting around it, some people just have naturally great legwear...




Also, I'm busy working on my (totally serious) application for a Master's Degree from Marisa Meltzer's Advanced Academy of Nineties-ology in NYC. Read her epic blog entry that I will re-quote here.

"I can teach French, Cultural Criticism in a Thousand Words, and will coteach West Coast Appreciation with Alice and Molly. Emily will teach Maximizing Email Wars, a class on Francesca Lia Block’s oeuvre, and Yoga. Elizabeth will be Fashion, Crafts, and Art History. Kara will be Queer Theory, Gender Studies, Performance, and will teach some kind of Teen cultural studies class. Jon will teach Drivers Ed, Math, Music Appreciation, and some kind of class on Magazine Studies with Elizabeth. Claire will teach Science Fiction. Jona will teach a class on Nirvana. Doree will teach trend reporting and History or whatever she has a masters in. We will all come together to do a mega advanced class on the ’90s. Obviously."

Pics from 00888, The Clothes Horse, Elinkan, and some random tumblr.

26 comments:

Dhu said...

I would kill to own all of those tights.

And 90's -ology? Sounds pretty sweet.

anne said...

The tights with the black hearts is so epic. I can't believe I just used the word epic, but I did, because they are!

Marina said...

These are so cute! I really like some crazy tights! :)

samantha said...

the knee face tights are really necessary.

Catherine said...

Those knee decored tights are so freaking awesome!

Kate Bullen said...

ugh those tights with the heart knees!! so cute, i want! by the way, i'm a new reader, just wanted to say i <3 your style.

xx Kate
http://flatsvintage.blogspot.com

Helen said...

That first pair are just perfection. Though I do like the others.
Those classes sound amazing!

Jesss said...

these are the most adorable tights i have ever seen.
especially the tights with the hearts on the knees!

B a la Moda said...

I am loving those fun tights!! How are you?

xoxo
B* a la Moda

rachel said...

Aw I love the tights with the funny faces! I need those!!!
I want to do that for my Masters too. That's just exactly what an absolutely awesome life would be.

Twobreadsplease said...

want those heart-kneed tights so bad! x

blithe<3 said...

Adorable:))
You oughta check out the original Footloose music video. You'll love it:]

Teresa said...

Ok, those smiling mouths are too cute. Need those in my stash!

http://www.invasionista.com

Chrissy said...

I dream of fun tights like those. lol. The tights with the faces on them made me smile. :)

I Am The Tourbus said...

I want those tights with the smiley faces. cute!

Anastassia Chepelkevitch said...

Love those tights, especially the ones with the mouths? I don't know if they're mouths, maybe I'm just hallucinating from the previous ones.

Do you live in New York?

Robyn said...

That sounds liek a very interesting school! Have fun!

(the tights with the mouths on them..I must get some!)

-Robyn

Marlena said...

Rainbow harlequin tights?! Eeep, I want.

And this Nineties-ology academy sounds interesting. A class devoted to Nirvana?
Sign me up!

Rachel said...

I want some over the knee socks. they always look SO cute. but I'm too cold usually and always choose tights.

Shopper said...

Love them all, so cool.

Original pairs here too:
http://www.les-queues-de-sardines.com/index.html

Nanx said...

The second picture is so cute, I love your blog

Becca Jane said...

LOVING all of these.

Also, whilst browsing through NEET mag, I came across this site and I totally thought of you? thought I'd pass the link to the shop on in case you hadn't seen it:

http://shop.osborndesign.com/

Amelia said...

I was really disappointed to find out that that isn't a real school (yet). I'm going to start my application, too.

Miss Woo said...

The tights with the smiley face :O and you have pretty awesome legwear too! Now I'm off to catch up with the Vlog..

S. Bernstein said...

Oh my god, those tights are amazing! so so so cool

DON'T FORGET THE 'Y' said...

tights with mouths at the knees. i'm sold.