Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Flattery is Awesome

Though sometimes I like to yammer on about how my style is affected by a severe case of multiple personality disorder, there are common elements that tie my ‘looks’ together. Sequins, Doc Martens and weird sweaters are all things that I wear on a fairly regular basis and it looks like a few of these have managed to catch on to the general population (of fashion bloggers, that is). I’d just like to give a special mention to some super cute bloggers who have created outfits that were partially inspired by my weirdo style.

Xu Box of Happenings in Singsong, wearing a polka dot shirt and cuffed pants.

Gem Fatale wearing sweet floral leggings and a cat-print sweater.

Hope of Pansy Lane wearing a gigantic crazy 80s sweater.

To these lovely ladies, I propose a virtual toast. Who cares about impeccable taste when you’re having a damn good time?!

16 comments:

Andee Nero said...

Flattery for you.
Saw this on my tumblr yesterday.
http://hipsterdate.tumblr.com/post/550955304/hipsters-i-have-a-heart-on-for

Betsey J said...

aw that rules!
Your style is definitely one to admire.

Also totally loving these other girl's blogs, nice to find some new reads.

xo.
Betsey J.

Gem said...

Aw thanks for posting my picture. And for inspiring it in the first place, obvz.
Fashion misfits... I'll drink to that!
x

Eloise said...

Here here
xx

Xu Box said...

Oh Isabel, you are the raddest! Thank you so much for featuring me in your post, you truely are inspirationally sweet and awesome! No rush on the Grunge book, just return it whenever you are finished with it.

Catherine said...

Those kids are awesome. Kind of like you :D

anne said...

That just rocks. I just get weird looks for the things I wear, and a week later they're wearing the same thing.
I love the second one, that cat sweater is amazing!

Joan said...

I totally agree with you.
A comfy sweater with colorful prints, is pretty much the essential staple in my closet.

Hello Dasein!

Stephanie said...

That 80s sweater is SO something I would wear!!

Robyn said...

I second your toast! It matters not about good taste, but the good times the cloth explores with you~

-Robyn

hello birdy said...

Love Gem Fatale! ^^

Damsels said...

hmmm im curious now .. why havent i been there to their blogs before >

Miss Woo said...

YAY for Gem! In fact, yay for all the lovely bloggers in this post, and yay for sequins jumpers.

Fifi said...

So cute that you have people who replicate your style! You must feel like a rockstar haha

Marlena said...

EPIC CAT SWEATER! <3

Andrea said...

loud 80s sweaters love forever.