Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ugly Lover


Every once in a while, you stumble upon a fascinating day and yesterday definitely lived up to that moniker. I started the day off with an early lunch at a greasy spoon restaurant that was like stepping into a time warp! It was a real 1950s diner (like Wowsville, you guys) and served milkshakes that tasted like chocolate heaven. Then on our way to do some groceries we witnessed a huge crowd of people in animal costumes. Seriously, they were dressed like giraffes, rhinoceros, and every jungle species I can think of! I really wish I had a camera to document it all. After work I ended up going out to a country bar where headbangers were doing heavy metal karaoke. I sang Like A Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan! Then I ate some greasy garlic bread and went to bed feeling completely satisfied with life.

Oh yeah, I guess I should talk about the outfit for a bit? These tights got an awful lot of comments when I wore them. I guess they're weird but they're so perfect for a copy editing/internet nerd like me. The crop top, skirt and tights are American Apparel.

PS: Winner of the Lady Vanderbilt necklace giveaway is Christina from The Story of Wonderful!

28 comments:

ThatManJustYawned said...

that sounds like such a cool day :)

Under Urooba's Umbrella! said...

Sounds like a day that would satisfy my appetite.

THOSE TIGHTS ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eliza said...

haha sounds like a brilliant day! great tights :)

www.messyourhairup.blogspot.com

Coatlicue Fatale said...

I am anxiously anticipating my next paycheck so that I can get both a haircut and these awesome tights as well as the 2 toned ones!

on your twitter you mention why headbangers like karaoke and that puzzle me too. i went to a karaoke bar with friends and there were a couple headbangers doing covers of indie bands like the strokes it was kinda awesome. its funny because I sang rick james give it to me baby and the rest of my friends sang gangsta' rap! hahaha!

by the way SOUNDS LIKE AN INCREDIBLY AMAZING DAY!

Catherine said...

Im a math nerd (pretending to be ) do you know if they have number tights?

Xu Box said...

Those tights are so enigmatic. It is overwhelmingly befuddling and exciting all together. I had one of those days before where every moment seemed slightly "out of place" yet idiosyncratically satisfying. I hope you are enjoying your freedom. I know I am!

Peacock's Hat said...

I thought of Wowsville as soon as you mentioned 50s diners :) Like Wowsville in that it was a 50s diner or in that it was shit? Did you see Weird Al's hair bobbing up and down behind the counter?!

WendyB said...

The tights would go nicely with my swear rings!

Angelica said...

Those are the best days.

Daisy said...

Those tights look fab on you! Sounds like and fun and interesting day too!

Rachel said...

I am jealous of your diner lunch, especially the milkshakes. diners are always the best.

Eloise said...

Jealous of your breakfast, mine today has consisted of a cup of tea and a club bar : /

Love the tights btw x

Eloise

anne said...

I wish I would run into people in animal costumes when I went to do my groceries. Brilliant!

louise or valentine said...

im obsessed with your tights, lil love.

also did you ever see i'm not here?

Slanelle said...

your shoes are the best !

DON'T FORGET THE 'Y' said...

um what? those tights are FRICKIN rad.

Casey said...

I fell in love with those tights when I saw them on Tavi's blog, and seeing them now just reminds me of how much I need to find a way to buy them.

olivias-pizzaz said...

wow awesome day!! love the tights they are so original!
olivias-pizzazz.blogspot.com
xx

Marlena said...

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! :D
It would so make my day if I randomly saw a crowd of people dressed up like giraffes!

vv said...

love ur blog
visit&follow
fuckthatfashionart.blogspot.com
kisses

hello birdy said...

I need these tights in my live...

hannah said...

i love those tights! my friends from tokyo bought the same in sheer black when they were in town. i want a pair, they are so rad!

KO said...

Love the AA tights!! I was reading Tavi's blog and she had them too. They are so awesome.

Madeleine said...

wow, sounds like you had an amazing day. Like that skirt!

Anonymous said...

What shirt from AA is this? I need it in my life.

Megan Hawley said...

Those tights are so awesome!

Becca Jane said...

Sounds like an amazing day!! Greasy spoon diners are the best.. have to say, and the animal people? too strange, butawesome at the same time.
Love the tights!

Maggie said...

I love those tights btw