Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wave Goodbye

Note: This post is a response to the last one I wrote!

I do not think that I am alone when I say that I have a lot of clothes. It’s okay, I can admit to it but I’m not joining Shopaholics Anonymous any time soon. I DON’T HAVE A PROBLEM, I CAN STOP ANY TIME. As much as I would love to hang on to every single piece of clothing I have ever bought, limited closet space has successfully kept me from becoming one of those creepy compulsive hoarders you see on the Oprah Show. Due to the miracles of the internet fashion blogging community, when I no longer love a piece of clothing I can almost immediately think of someone who would appreciate it and look way more fierce in it than I ever would. Here is a comprehensive list of all the pretty people who have received a little bubble-wrap package from Canada!

Marlena of Self Constructed Freak

Kylie of Nice and Shiny

Tavi of Style Rookie

Belle of Fashion Pirates


The Stylish Wanderer

19 comments:

Amy said...

What a good idea! It must be pretty cool to see your old threads on other awesome bloggers:)

JordanMayTwigs said...

Swapping clothing is so much fun.
You can always find something interesting.

Have you ever tried Flickr.com for swapping??

xx
JordanMayTwigs.
<3

www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

Juliette said...

I agree, I have WAY too many clothes in my closet. And how am I supposed to fit them all in my tiny dorm room when I go to college next year?

But that is so generous of you to give some of your clothes away! What a great idea! There's nothing like receiving a present from someone that used to give them joy.

-Juliette WhereForArtThouRomeo

Kylie said...

And I am STILL in no way over this shirt, I don't care that it's almost velvet Imma be wearing it all summer! Love Marlena in that t-shirt you sent her. Now I really need to send you a care package!!

<3<3<3

B said...

that mickey vest is GENIUS.

├×omeline said...

Email me your address and I'd love to send you some pieces that no longer fit in my closet! (:

pomeline-bs@hotmail.com

Catherine said...

Picking the biggies I see :p-I know all but one.

Twobreadsplease said...

i am jealoussss of them and your loveliness x

Marlena said...

Aww, thanks for posting me! :} I can definitely say that the Ian shirt is my favorite--out of all the shirts I own!

And I currently have something in the works for you too! I'll shoot you an e-mail once it's finished ;)

Robyn said...

the cut-in-half photo of Miss. Belle there is wonderful! I'm going to have to try that sometime with one of my own posts. It's cool!

And you can never have too much clothing...you can, however, how too little space to put it all.

-Robyn

Xu Box said...

Oh boy! I want to swap clothes with you now! I can think of quite a few things I no longer wear but would look great on you.

I love how sustainable you are with fashion! We need to establish a bigger fashion community where clothing swaps can happen more often.

Sin-ger said...

I think I really need help. Here in valenca we have street markets every day in different places, with big spots of second hand and vintage clothes of 2 pieces 1 euro. I have a room filled of clothes I can't even remember I had buy, but yet again, I'm not looking for help anytime soon either.

Arushi Khosla (FabBlab) said...

Aw, I love Belle!

samantha said...

clothing swaps<3

Damsels said...

i remember seeing that on the stylish wanderer :)

Ashleigh said...

what a great idea! and its always nice to receive a purrty package in the mail =)

Caroline said...

spreading your fashion all over

:)

Chip said...

What a cute idea, I really like it.

I'll send out my old underwear

poppy :) said...

wow that mikey mouse waistcoat is awesome!