Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Brighter Sides to Life

There are about a million ways to divide the world into two types of people, but if you are Carrie Bradshaw or someone equally uninteresting there are "bag people" and "shoe people". If I chose to define myself this way, at 60+ pairs of shoes and abut 5 bags I would unquestionably be a "shoe person". All the bags I have are either too big or too small, too boring or too flashy. So for some reason (perhaps for this very reason) I spent a respectable about of money on a practical, reasonable, perfect-sized leather bag. I love it because it's beautiful enough to be a designer bag but is just some no-name brand, the rather stupidly named 'Aqua Madonna'. Anyhoo, it's made me a very happy camper, periodically sniffing and fondling the leather in public because I am a completely normal human being.

It is also perfect for traveling, since I'll be in New York City this month! The bag was only slightly more expensive than the cost of my $84 bus ticket from Toronto to NYC.

21 comments:

ana said...

gorgeous, great find! reminds me of the Alex Wang ones from a few seasons back

Away with the fairy's said...

That is one hot and convienient bag! good buy :)

http://illustratemypillowcase.blogspot.com/

anne said...

Awesome! It really looks pretty enough to be designer, but it's a great price for a real leather bag that's that lovely. :)

Izzy said...

I'm not really sure what kind of a person I am.

Hannah said...

i'm definitely a shoe person also - just can't justify spending large amounts of money on something that pretty much has to be boring in order to be worn on a daily basis. this one is rad!

hazel said...

I think I am a dress person because my wardrobe is literally 90% dresses. I own cute shoes and bags, but they're small in number.

Kelsey Sunshine. said...

luff zippers.


i'm a dress person too.

xxx

Laumika said...

I really can't wear that kind of bags, I loose all kind of things in all of those pockets.

And about the shoe or bag person, If I have to choose one I'm a bag person. I buy them compulsively in Charity Shops.

Great update, still I missed one of your outfits :(.

kels said...

total copy of the a. wang donna hobo bag. but awesome none the less. i'd love it.

Emma Rose said...

I, too, will be in New York all of next month. I probably should get a new bag, too, because I have a lot of stuff to haul there.

Ross said...

That looks so much like the Alex Wang bags! And at around 90$ that's pretty effin' Fantastic! Have ffun in NYC!

McKenzie said...

Love.

I need a decent bag to carry all of my stuff in. I bought a Marc Jacobs tote at the beginning of the summer and I love it, but it's violet and neon orange - cashy classy clashy.

Amelia said...

such a lovely bag!! i like your carrie bradshaw based comments, i don't really quite understand all the carrie love.

love from amelia of la ville inconnue

Lottie said...

love !

Angelica said...

That's a really nice bag! I own only two bags, one of which is partially held together with duct tape, and 5 pairs of everyday shoes, so I don't think I'm a shoe OR a bag person. I'm more of an "awesome t-shirt" person, though I guess Carrie Bradshaw would never be caught dead in a t-shirt. Fuck her anyway haha.

Hope you enjoy New York!

iamronel said...

awesome bag..

ronelmarin.net said...

freakkin gorgeous yeah you can use it on travel as well

WendyB said...

Looks nice!

Xu Box said...

That bag looks bad-ass with all them zippers and it totally reminds me of bondage. Which isn't so great on pants but apparently fantastic on bags.

louise or valentine said...

you are coming to nyc?!?!?
awesome!
do let me know when, pls ma'am!

Damsels said...

nyc !!!! i just fainted... you are one of my favorite bloggers im excited to see where you'll go and what you'll wear .. oh god now i have something to look forward to. am i a loser ? maybe