Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Testing, 1-2-3

First off, I would like to be honest with all my readers and note that I have started to accept advertising on the blog. In recent months, I've noticed a hell of a lot more 'sponsored posts' on people's blogs and it really bothers me that bloggers are not forthcoming and just letting their blog be swallowed up by advertisments that come out of their own words. Of course, it is every blogger's prerogative to do whatever the hell they want but I do not plan on becoming just another branded mouthpiece. If there is something I have been paid to write about, I am certainly going to tell you. So let the sponsored post commence...
If I was facebook friends with Ugg boots, it would say "In a complicated relationship". I've never liked the plain tan leather boots, but I still harbour a bit of a soft spot for the grey knit boots. I mean, they're kind of cute? I've stopped myself from buying the cheap knockoffs of them so many times. I almost wonder if it's only a matter of time? OH NO!

Just kidding guys. I'll hold out against buying them as long as I can muster, but I'd definitely go for the reasonably priced Whooga boots as opposed to the plain ol' Ugg Australias.

10 comments:

love buzz. said...

there's nothing nicer sometimes than a young kyle maclachlan, yum! xo

Peacock's Hat said...

Isabel, it might be because it's late and I need to go to bed, and I'm missing your sarcasm. I really hope you are joking about the Uggs. Please tell me you are???!

Angelica said...

Heineken? Fuck that shit! PABST! BLUE! RIBBON!!!

McKenzie said...

@Angelica Hahahaha!

I used to have a pair of khaki knit boots like the grey ones. Junior high, total cankles. Sold em' for $10 at a sale. (Now some other poor soul's treading around in them).

andreak said...

UGG boots are NASTY. So you got paid to write about them? Is that what I am gathering? I feel slightly confused.... if you did in fact get paid to attempt to sell ugly boots to your readers, I am going to have to say that is pretty weak.

F*ck advertising and especially f*ck advertising for shit that you don't even like! If you MUST advertise why don't you do it for something you actually support? maybe doc martins? american apparel? just an idea...

andreak said...

Well, if that is how you feel, then do your thing, girl! Sorry to put you on the defensive- I was just shocked to see that from you (since I somehow think I know who you are just from reading your blog- which is admittedly silly) and I couldn’t resist giving my two cents on the matter (especially since I have a deep hatred for uggs… haha). I think I am a pretty opinionated person in real life, and then it is just so easy to be overly opinionated on the internet. ANYWAY, I obviously think you’re a cool lady (since I keep reading your blog) and I just didn’t want to see you become like Of Montreal doing an Outback Steakhouse jingle- you know what I’m saying?

The Bird said...

I was adamantly anti-Ugg until I saw these:
http://www.zappos.com/ugg-highkoo-espresso

Why can't everyone be obsessed with these instead of the dreaded stumpy things that were never intended to be fashionable in the first place.

http://stephthebird.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

In real Australia NOONE ever ever ever wears "UGG Australia" boots. Ugg boots have been around here for 30+ years and we buy them from Target and Kmart for $15. And we only wear them at home. Just FYI.

DON'T FORGET THE 'Y' said...

i have the budweiser sweater in the bottom left corner and the coors sweater in the top right corner. i'm working on finding the pabst and schlitz.

Ben said...

The one dress with the heart and stuff remineds me of a frida kahlo painting.