Thursday, September 02, 2010

Gamma Ray II

Moving times can be exhausting and stressful, but it feels so good when it's over! All cozied up in my new basement room these days. It's extremely dark, so I am tentatively naming it THE BATCAVE.

The most exciting part of the room is obviously the closet, but it was actually a logistical nightmare. As you may notice, shirts are hanging on the bottom, while skirts are on the top. This is nonsensical and backwards, as most folks I know tend to wear shirts on the top half of their body, not the bottom. BUT the top rack is actually too short to hang shirts adequately so I had to improvise.

Keepin' it classy with posters everywhere. I was utterly sick to my stomach about looking at the same bloody posters that I've had since first year, so I scrounged around for some new decor and this is what I came up with.

The beautiful painting is courtesy of my bff Shelby Seu, the magazine covers are Alternatives Journal and the $5 tie-dye candle is a wax representation of my personality.

19 comments:

Mark said...

Nice place, Izzy. I think you forgot one thing, though - a picture of the room's pretty new occupant! :) Have you picked out a new spot for taking pics?

Peacock's Hat said...

Tis beautiful.
I almost want to pull the doors off my wardrobe so I can see all my stuff constantly, I think I'd use my clothes better.

Levina said...

your room is just lovely!

Caroline said...

Ahhhh your new room is so amazing :D looks so interesting! xx

Becca Jane said...

Bat cave or not, I think you've done a fabulous decorating job. I love your closet - it looks so well organized and fabulous!

Cara said...

Congrats on moving into the batcave!
The posters look great <3 I must change mine soon..

x x x

Andie's Going MAD said...

I love decorating new spaces! You're looks cozy as pie!

Enjoy!

louise or valentine said...

this is great! i love how you've decorated it.

Charles said...

this batcave is way cooler than my exbf's batcave! it's just perfect :) xx

Alex Watson said...

I spy disco shorts.

;) ;)

Rachel said...

The new place looks rad. I've been looking at apartments lately and I can't WAIT to decorate it. So sick of my current room.

Xu Box said...

I'm loving the new place; very cozy and homey looking. I can't wait to get my own place when I get a good paying job so I can decorate until the cows come home. Your posters are fantastic btw.

JordanMayTwigs said...

I love your new room!!!
And hurrrray for closet space!!!
I totally need to get some closet space!!!

xx
JordanMayTwigs.
<3

www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

Robyn said...

So exciting to see your new space! Congrats on getting all moved in~
i'm about to move into a crazy new dorm room soon, and I can't wait!

-Robyn

Stephanie said...

You have a sweet room! I love the idea of calling it 'The Batcave'...hahaha :D

Hannah said...

Ooh your room looks nice! I'm looking forward to living in a dorm but not dealing with dorm closets, haha.

Ross said...

Your closet looks so organized. I'm actually surprised, I was half expecting it to be crammed full, but it's all hanging delicately.

Sam said...

Wahh! I totes have a world map up in my new room too! Great minds...

Raena said...

Your room is super cute (especially the closet)! Anddd I have the same AA poster in my living room