Thursday, September 09, 2010

Surfin' Safari

The title of this post is innacurate as I am not a beach boy, but a regular tourist at the African Lion Safari in Cambridge, Ontario! I remember going there as a kid, and it is admittedly a bit of a cheesy family tourist trap but I ended up having so much fun! They have a rad petting zoo, a lot of exotic birds, and elephants.
These flamingoes are not made of plastic to celebrate your uncle's 50th birthday party. They are the real thing! Their necks are incredibly long and swivel backwards in a highly disturbing manner.
The African pigs were absolutely precious - I wanted to take one home! The best part of the safari was definitely the bus tour, where we got to see an entire alphabet of exotic species - Lions, Yaks and Zebus among many others. My camera died at a crucial moment, but you will just have to trust me that Barbary sheep actually look like goats. 

11 comments:

Cara said...

LOVE the mary janes -with the super white socks- and the piggies

x x x

Anonymous said...

This outfit is not good, not good at all. I'm sorry.

Rachel Clark said...

Yes, the zoo is awesome and yes, flamingos are mesmerizing in their disturbingness.
I completley agree and also need your shoes.

Luna : said...

flamingos are the most incredible colour, without a doubt my favourites!!

WendyB said...

I love the piggies.

Stephanie said...

Aww, I love the African pig and its little baby!

Sophie said...

Have to say, I freaking love your style... have for a while, also those space leggings below awesome! I love astronomy. this post just reminded me to link you.

Marlena said...

Flamingos are my favorite! They're pink and creepy and cute and amazing and I could go on and on but I won't.

And I don't know wtf anon is talking about,I think this outfit is super! Ankle socks and mary janes always win in my book.

Xu Box said...

The animals are awesome!!!! And so is your outfit! Although I've never been a fan of zoos because I always felt bad for the animals in captivity. But sometimes, I just don't know where I can see a non-plastic flamingo.

Anonymous said...

Everything separately is great. Trust me, I love big loose shirts and I definitely own my fair share of mary-jane flats. But the pants are too tight; it bothers me! I'm sorry, but this mixture is so sloppy.

Sasha said...

the flamingos are so precious!!