Sunday, November 14, 2010

Orwellian Paradise

For those of you who don't know this yet: I grew up on a farm. Animals, crops, eating fresh vegetables grown in the backyard garden and all that jazz. Honestly, I'm not jealous of people who grew up in the city, because as isolating as the country can be the peaceful slowness of it all is unparalleled.
The last time I took pictures of the Highland Cattle, all you readers seemed to love it! So when I received a marvelous pair of Cougar gumboots, I wanted to show you them in the context they truly belong: muck and straw. I'm proud to own a new pair of Cougar boots because the built-in thermal socks are rad, plus they're such a quintessentially Canadian brand.

Zara coat, thrifted skirt, American Apparel leggings, Cougar boots

This is Alfred the Highland Cow. He is named after my Grandpa.


Muscovy ducks

The sheep are rather unfriendly and it's hard to get a picture close to them.

Paris the Appaloosa horse. What a rock star! She is totally posing with me here.


If you want your own pair of PVC-free Cougar boots (retail $75), click here to find the retail store closest to you. Click here to complete a survey on Cougar boots - for everyone who completes the survey, $2 will be donated to the Red Cross!

18 comments:

Sheee... said...

I love the post title! Such comic genius! Such references do make my day... And the boots just mesh so well with the sorroundings!

I grew up in the country as well, and was the only kid in school that had pet GEESE. Yep. GEESE. Feel free to laugh!


And your blog is cool!

xoxo

McKenzie said...

This is so cute. I'm growing up on a farm. Right now. Hahaha, I don't think I would change it for anything. There is something humbling about the whole experience.

Tea For Two said...

Love the boots and love the highland cows :)

kate maggie said...

Cougar boots! Ah..you make me so excited to go back to Canada in a few weeks. Im jealous of how fly you make these boots look. And im also jealous that you grew up in the country..I would of loved that.

Kellie W. said...

Growing up on a farm must've been so awesome! I grew up playing with chickens and rabbits that my grandpa raised in his backyard, but that's not nearly as cool.

Boots with built-in socks, you say?! Want!

Salomé said...

I grew up in the citycenter in a small town but we had chickens.:) I love this post :) your outfit is cool.

TASHA B said...

love those boots are cute <3
http://noirxxxx.blogspot.com/

diane said...

You're right, city just doesn't begin to compare to country. This is absolutely one of my favorite outfit posts that you've ever done Isa.

jessica said...

ANIMAL LOVERSSS !

& the aa shirt is black micromesh buttondown

louise or valentine said...

ahh i want to come play with those cows!

also i've been looking for a good pair of rain schlepping boots and those look pretty cool.

Caroline said...

Soooo jealous of you getting to grow up on a farm, it is a dream of mine to live on one, hehe! Lovely photos and i love those sorta-wellington boots :D xxxx

Meagan said...

I like the cows. They're so much cooler than our AMERICAN cows. Bah. I wish our cows looked like small buffalo.

Eleanor said...

i wish i grew up in the country. looks like so much fun! i love animals and took years for me to persuade my mum for a dog. i had fish growing up though... that counts right?!! cows are my FAVORITE thing ever. (tad exaggeration there) love the blog -you're hilarious! http://improcrastinate.blogspot.com

hazel said...

UH SO JEALOUS.
<3 animals so much

Melis said...

I've really been digging your hair lately! How do you like working at AA? Is the one in Canada busy? Ours is getting crazy now that the holidays are here!

p.s. check out my etsy shop! HoneyBee Vintage

Marja said...

Hello, I love the boots. Your animals all look so cute! Just found your blog and i really like it! Im following you now too!! Please follow me as well??!!

Marja <3

Becca Jane said...

That post title made me smile so much! Too great

Danielle said...

Cute boots - those are the ones I wanted, envy!

Love all the animals!