Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sleeping in your bed.

The legendary Rodarte for Target ribcage sequin dress strikes again! I love this piece, but I rarely wear it because its a little too shiny for day time, and a little too weird for night time. Plus, the last time I wore it somebody asked me if I was wearing a costume. Seriously.

I also have a new artistic obsession: Alex Gross. His paintings are really powerful and twisted and beautiful in a way that speaks to the anti-materialist in me. It's Buy Nothing Day tomorrow, so here is some food for thought.




Also, I'm lucky to be participating in Teen Vogue's new fashion blog project!! They are compiling outfit posts from a lot of groovy blogs and posting them all on the Fashion Click website. Give it a look!

13 comments:

Paolina of Calur Villade said...

I say yes to this dress! Sequin is defiantly an all day thing!

Paolina
check me out!

http://calurvillade.blogspot.com/

little ghost said...

i'm wearing Rodarte for target today too!!!! :D

la femme said...

Great outfit. I love that peacock painting...

Jess said...

Wow his work is stunning. Reminds me a little of Peter Howson, but a little more modern/American. Gorgeous.

H.x said...

I have no sequinned items of clothing. Your post made me realise how I need to rectify this.

Taj said...

<3 the outfit!! I wish there was a shirt version of that dress but I know that I would just look like a skater from 2003!!lol

She is Sara said...

Wow that dress rocks!! Very cute!!

Andy King said...

so hard to find large prints of his work that dont cost a fortune :(

wikigirl said...

Just wanted to let you know that you're today's featured article on Wikifashion :)

death_sexxx said...

the dress is brilliant

little moon lover said...

I remember I saw that dress last year at Target but never managed to get my hands on them.., they were sold out already!.. I say you keep wearing it, it's awesome..
Have you seen the new collaboration Alexander McQueen did for Target??? that one's gonna be cool too...
I like your blog, stay cool..

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

I love it with the blouse layered underneath. I was recently told (in person) "I don't know how to manage to wear such ridiculous clothes everyday" & they meant it as a compliment apparently. And here I thought I dressed tame.

blue eyed night owl said...

I love Alex Gross too!