Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Easy Way Out

This outfit is what I would refer to as 'exam study chic'. You know, an outfit that actually looks half decent while cramming your brain with superior knowledge and drinking half your weight in coffee. The sweater is American Apparel vintage - it's damn cozy and I've been feeling the cable knit vibe lately. The loose black dress pants are comfy but better looking than sweatpants and the Doc Martens are simply necessary for snow protection. Happy almost-holidays to everyone, I can't wait until this interim period of hell is over! By the time the afterlife comes along, I will be well prepared...

12 comments:

Marja said...

I reall like your sweater. it stands out from the black pants so it gives it a pop!

liberation flamingo said...

Ooo love the cable knit sweater! Definitely a huge fan of that trend!
Also kudos for having a stylish studying outfit! =)

http://liberationflamingo.blogspot.com

Cara said...

Gotta love the Docs.

Paolina of Calur Villade said...

haha happy almost holidays to you too! i am really loving the cable knit sweaters too lately

Paolina
check me out!

http://calurvillade.blogspot.com/

hello birdy said...

The perfect knit *sigh*

Paroma Zaman said...

I passed up a sweater just like that thrifting last weekend. Rule #1: You can never have too many sweaters, I always forget. Anyway, I know that's an Elliott Smith song, but there's this other really great song by the Pink Spiders of the same name. I like to jam out to it when I study! Seriously helps when I'm in the finals doldrums.

Amanda said...

i've been feeling the cable knit vibes, too... mostly because i've recently learned how to knit it, and whenever someone is wearing it, i'm distracted by how it is knitted. like yesterday in spanish class, somebody had a cable knit hat, and I stared at it all period. I was going to ask her if she knitted it, but then I saw the tag... so, no, she did not knit it.

stylestalker said...

study chic - amazing!

x

Rachel said...

dude! your hair is getting long!

Fashion is me said...

Absolutely great idea, wonderful styling, a sweater is great.
Great blog, I Often look here.

Regards Adam
http://fashionispartofme.blogspot.com

Damsels said...

youre brave to wear such a banana yellow .. it looks great and dorky on you. . in a chic way

swallow glitter said...

loving the yellow!